Nowadays, a lot of people are engaged in making photos, processing photos as well as they are engaged in similar work with other graphic objects. If you belong to this category of people, then adding watermarks is a familiar operation for you that grants your copyrights. For those who just only started the questions “How to make a watermark?”, “How to watermark photos?”, “Which photography watermark apps to use?” are of a great concern. We hope, that our article will be rather helpful for you and you will find the answers to all your questions.
There are at least 4 advantages of using watermarks on the photos. Of course, you can find some information stating that to make a watermark can take a lot of time and it can affect the picture perception and so on and so worth. Nevertheless, creating a watermark and using it is especially important for photographers, photo bloggers and for anyone who places their photos on the web. So in other words, it is the most widespread method of images protection that is used by this category of users.
Advantages of using digital watermark
- Protection against stealing. It does not matter what type of watermark or how you have added it to an image, it would take time for a thief to remove it. And just admit, that the presence of a sign of protection can put on the alert a thief, because who knows, maybe the author will defend the authorship of materials in other more radical ways. Having a watermark on a photo no matter if it is just a simple text with the web site address, would mitigate risks of stealing your materials. Anecdotal evidence suggests, that the thief is likely to pass your photo in order not to waste time processing it.
- Branding, also plays an important role here. Some people even consider branding to be a greater plus than copying protection. As your images with a watermark, no matter is it is a logo or a text indicating a web site address are spread all around the Internet, it all can attract new visitors, customers to your project, site, etc. Nowadays, the development of a brand in the network and in familiar areas is a very important and necessary thing. No wonder, that most of the photo services, sewage and other agencies watermark photos.
- Also, one more interesting fact is that adding watermark comes from history. We all remember that it was a common case when the artists signed their pieces of art. In other words, we can say that it was a certain type of watermark.
- Let’s not forget the aspect of increasing in sales / earnings. If you earn for living making photos, adding a watermark will exclude the possibility of free downloading of pictures from your site. No one could "just borrow" your work for print, advertising and other commercial use.
One more thing, that is also should be mentioned is the fact that sometimes watermark gives a veneer of legality to some photos.
How to create a watermark on a photo
The most simple option, in this case, is to use a watermark app. As there are lot of watermark software for Mac on the market, in this article we will talk about such a great solution developed by Eltima Software like PhotoBulk.
It is a great app for processing images in bulk that can dramatically ease the work of adding watermark to the image one by one. With PhotoBulk you can not only add watermark to numerous images easily with just a couple of clicks, but also to save watermark proportions to the images even if they are of different sizes. And the most important is that all your original images will remain intact. So you shouldn’t worry about losing the originals.
The current version of PhotoBulk offers 4 different types of watermarks such as simple text, image, script and datestamp:
- if you select text, you can choose the font style, size, color, and opacity;
- if you select image watermark, you can set its width and height as well as opacity;
- if you select script, you can choose the font style, size, color, and opacity;
- if you select datestamp, you can set the font name, size, style, text color, and opacity.
According to your requirements you can choose one watermark that you need the most or combine them in any way or even use all of them on one image.
Here is easy guide on how to watermark multiple images on Mac
- Download PhotoBulk from here or from the Mac App Store.
- Launch your copy of the software.
- Сhoose the images or folders you want to edit and drag them to PhotoBulk main editing window. Also there are other ways to add photos either by choosing File → Open… from the menu bar or by clicking the + character button in the bottom left corner of the main window.
- In order to create a watermark, make sure that you have activated Watermark option in the sidebar. By default, it will add text watermark.
- In order to change the type of the watermark, invoke the drop-down list in the PhotoBulk watermark settings.
- In order to add another watermark, click the + sign button in the upper right corner of the watermark settings and choose the watermark from the drop-down list.
- Position of your watermark can be changed in several ways:
- by dragging the selected watermark with a mouse;
- by moving it using the arrow keys in the arrow keys direction.
- Check how your watermark will look like in the Preview area.
- After you set up all preferred settings and are ready to apply them, click START button.
- In the invoked window choose the path to save processed images.
- Click Save button.
- You can save your watermark settings to presets for future usage by clicking Save As button from the menu or press ⇧⌘S.
And that’s not all you can do with batch image editor PhotoBulk! It can also optimize pictures and resize multiple images at a time. Check it out and enjoy working with photos with this excellent watermark application for Mac.
Version 2.1.246 (7th Feb, 2018) Release notes