- What is a HASP key?
- Issues and challenges when using USB HASP keys.
- Efficient HASP emulator.
- How to duplicate HASP dongle.
What is a HASP key?
HASP (Hardware Against Software Piracy) is a multi-platform hardware-based data protection system developed by Aladdin Knowledge Systems Ltd. A USB HASP key, also known as a "USB dongle", is a hardware device that plugs into the USB port of a computer to protect the software copy from unauthorized access. HASP supports most major platforms and provides developers with a wide range of tools to protect software.
Basically, HASP keys can serve the same purpose as standard license keys and activation systems for the consumer-grade software, but more often they are intended for more specialized programs, like professional image processing apps, 3D modeling and animation packages, accounting software complexes, audio-editors, CAD-applications, and many other solutions which are mostly used by large commercial organizations.
The aforementioned software are in the highest demand on the pirate market, that is why the software publishers prefer to use HASP keys in order to combat piracy and limit the use of cracked software by organizations on numerous computers.
But, despite their multiple advantages for end-users, HASP security dongles can still cause some specific challenges. And now I’d like to touch upon a few of them.
Issues and challenges when using USB HASP keys.
- As you need to move your dongle back and forth between the computers as you come and go, the dongle is getting worn out that can affect its performance.
- If you lose the dongle out in the field while traveling home from work, at the airport, cab, etc., the software company will likely offer you to buy another whole package, which is not always affordable due to the high cost of the software.
- Working in a big company you may face the need to share a limited number of HASP keys among multiple workers. Considering that most security dongles are designed to work with one computer, this can become problematic, especially if your employees are working in different locations.
- Showing up at an important meeting, presentation, or project and forgetting to bring the dongle with you can turn a real disaster. So you should always remember to unplug your key and take it with you if you’re planning to use the device in a different place. Sounds not that convenient, doesn’t it?
- Finally, if you run a virtual machine on your local PC, chances are your guest OS won’t recognize a HASP dongle plugged into the host machine.
And now one might ask: how do you solve all the issues related to using HASP dongles? Easy: you can copy HASP key over the Internet.
Use an efficient and legal HASP emulator
So why do I say that copying HASP keys is the best solution? Because, first of all, it’s the easiest way to stay connected to your device whenever you need it wherever you are. More than that, with a simple USB HASP emulator, like FlexiHub, you’ll be able to create HASP key clone and share it among multiple users. The dedicated software will virtualize your valuable dongle and redirect it to as many computers as you need.
FlexiHub is an advanced solution that can clone virtually any USB or COM device, including HASP USB dongles. The software emulator is a great legal alternative to any HASP dongle crack.
The obvious benefits of FlexiHub:
- By emulating your HASP dongle with FlexiHub, you protect the original device from theft, damage, or loss.
- The solution can be installed on multiple machines, so you can connect to your HASP dongle even when you don’t have the device physically present.
- If your modern computer is incompatible with the old hardware, FlexiHub will easily solve this issue. The software supports all major versions of Windows, Mac, and Linux and allows creating cross-platform connections.
- When sharing a HASP dongle over the network, you don’t have to worry about any security issues. All communications established with FlexiHub are protected with advanced encryption.
- This dedicated app doesn't change anything within the protected program, it only redirects your virtualized key to the required remote computer.
How to create a HASP dongle clone with FlexiHub:
- You install the software on the computer (server) with a HASP dongle physically attached and all machines that will access the key remotely.
- Then, you register your FlexiHub account, it is free.
- Next, you start FlexiHub on the server PC and sign in using your newly created login credentials.
- After that, you launch the software on a remote computer and log into the FlexiHub account using the same credentials.
- Now, you see the required HASP key in the list of available devices and click “Connect”.
That’s it! The security dongle will appear on your remote computer as though it were physically attached to the machine.