Please make sure to read this post.
SyncMate 4 supports Mac OS X 10.6.6 – 10.8.5 and is not compatible with newer versions. One of SyncMate 4 components that allows synchronization of Windows Mobile devices is absolutely incompatible with OS X 10.11 El Capitan and causes kernel panic at system start. Please read further for our recommendations.
If you already use OS X 10.11 and SyncMate 4 is installed on your Mac, perform the steps below:
- Download the latest version of SyncMate here;
- Install and launch the latest SyncMate;
- In its menu go to SyncMate -> Preferences;
- In the window that opens choose Uninstall SyncMate 4 and then click Uninstall.
If your Mac doesn’t boot, please follow these instructions:
- Start your computer from Recovery:
Restart your Mac and hold down the Cmd+R keys at startup. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window with the options listed above. If you see a login window or your own desktop instead of the Utilities window, it’s possible that you didn’t press Command-R early enough. Restart your computer and try again.
- Run Terminal.app
- Execute command (this command is a default one, if you have other OS partition, please type in your system disk title instead of “HD”):
cd /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Extensions
- Execute command:
ls -la | grep EltimaAsync.kext
- If nothing appeared after this command, then the problem is not caused by SyncMate 4, else execute:
rm -rf ./EltimaAsync.kext
- Next execute:
kextcache -update-volume /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/
- Reload your Mac.
In case you have SyncMate 4 on your Mac and are considering upgrading your system to El Capitan OS X 10.11, then the best you can do is uninstall SyncMate 4 before upgrading your OS.
The latest version of SyncMate (6.x) has no issues with El Capitan. SyncMate 6 works flawlessly on Mac OS X 10.8.5 and newer and offers you effortless sync with multiple devices such as iOS and Android devices, other Macs, MTPs, as well as with online accounts such as Google, Dropbox, iCloud and Microsoft Services.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may cause and remind you that all users of previous versions of SyncMate Expert get 50% discount on upgrade.