Eltima Software is pleased to announce the newest release of Serial Port Monitor. Version 7.0 features a revamped interface, supports Modbus data and has a unique Playback feature. More details are given below.
Serial Port Monitor is a versatile tool for displaying, logging and analyzing activities of RS232/422/485 ports in the system. Such monitoring is crucial for detecting potential problems when developing application and drivers, as well as testing and optimizing serial devices.
The software offers advanced filters and search functionality to view only relevant data. There is professional terminal, integrated into the application. You can export data in various formats, log it immediately and compare monitoring sessions in the app’s window. Additional bonus is the software’s clean and intuitive interface. No additional hardware is required to install and use the application.
The new features and improvements of SPM 7.0 include:
- Compatibility with Modbus data, including new filters and viewing mode.
- Playback session, i.e. the ability to send data received earlier to the same port again. Thus you get more detailed information for analysis.
- Synchronization of selection in different view modes.
- Windows Server 2016 support.
- 64-bit GUI version. Even if monitoring process takes much RAM, it will not be interrupted.
- Newly added ‘Comments’ column in the Table view.
- Revamped user interface