Setup the Right Default Media Player
If you own a Mac computer, on default you can play out your music and videos only with iTunes. Many users don’t like it because they need to launch their favorite players each time they want to watch movies or listen to audio files. They would like to change it.
Setting default apps on Mac is not as difficult as it may seem. You can try to change the default player Mac to Elmedia Player, a video converter, downloader and player. You can easily make all adjustments in the system settings allowing Elmedia to launch and playback your media files.
Follow these easy steps to change a default media player on Mac to Elmedia Player:
- Select a video. You can do this in 2 ways: * Hit the Finder icon on the Dock. In the window that opens choose a file. * Click File in the main menu, select New Finder Window in the drop-down list and select a video.
- Right-click the file and choose Open with -> Other in the drop-down menu.
- To set default app on Mac you just need to click the application among the available ones and check the box Always Open With. Select Elmedia Player.
- Click Open to save the changes. Your video will get launched with Elmedia Player. In the future all other videos will be played out with Elmedia.
Elmedia Player is a universal media software that easily reads audio files in MP3, WAV, AAC, AIF, and FLAC as well as video formats like AVI, MOV, MP4, FLV, WMV, etc.
With Elmedia Player PRO you get even more possibilities to manage your video and audio content on Mac. You can download any multimedia from the web, separate audio from video, AirPlay files from/to different devices that support it and many more.
Replace Default Browser Easily
By default all macOS computers run Safari browser, but you can install any browser you like, e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. and make it a default web viewing tool.
To change default browser Mac do the following:
- Find System Preferences in the main menu.
- Click the General icon.
- Find the Default web browser option.
- In the dropdown list choose a browser to be on default.
Change Default Mail Client Mac
As you see, it is not difficult to change default programs on Mac or to open a file in a default program, but what about email? You can change an email reader, too. Use our recommendations:
- Find the Mail icon in the Dock or click Finder -> Applications -> Mail.
- Choose an email account provider.
- Sign in with your account.
- Hit Mail in the main menu on the top.
- Click Preferences.
- Find the Default email reader option.
- In the dropdown menu click the app that will be a mail client on default.
Now you can easily change default apps on Mac and manage programs without difficulties to your needs and requirements.
Version 7.3(1805) (12th May, 2019) Release notes