Whenever you think of looking for some video, YouTube is the first thing that comes to mind. And it is not surprising, judging by how popular this resource is worldwide. YouTube is also the place where you can upload and share your own videos with people all over the planet. There is nothing you can't find on YouTube probably: short independent videos, popular music videos, some funny homemade movies,
One thing YouTube doesn't offer is downloading videos to have them at hand even when offline.
Sometimes it is rather convenient to download a video from YouTube and keep it on your hard drive in case the original uploader removes it or you need to watch it even when there is no Internet connection available. And what if you could download from YouTube in MP3 format on Mac and listen to the audio without having to save the whole video? This all can be done with Airy app for Mac, which also can save YouTube videos in MP4 format on Mac. This neat little app can change download format on Mac in a simple click.
Choose YouTube download format on Mac
Airy is a reliable dedicated YouTube downloader for Mac OS. There is free Airy that allows two downloads, and if you feel like you will be downloading from YouTube more than twice, it is worth investing in full version of Airy to get endless downloads from YouTube.
So here is how to choose YouTube video format on Mac for downloading:
- Download Airy from this page. Installation process is typical for Mac apps.
- Open a YouTube video you like in a web browser.
- Paste the link in Airy app.
- Choose YouTube download format on Mac in Airy. Select YouTube MP3 format for Mac in case you only want to save an audio file. Other formats you can choose are: MP4, FLV (Flash video), 3GP.
- Click Download.
Note that the more files you are downloading at once the more time it may take.
Airy can be used as a standalone app or as a browser addon. It supports all popular web browsers.
Why Airy is such a great choice:
- Airy can download YouTube music in batches.
- It can also download the whole playlist or channel.
- Age-restricted music can be downloaded after you log in to your YouTube account.
- The app can pause and resume downloads.
- Integrates with Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
- Friendly intuitive interface for everyone.
- First two downloads are free.
Version 3.10.242 (25th Sep, 2019) Release notes