How to convert JPG to PNG or to another image type (and vice versa)
How to convert PNG to JPG? How to convert TIFF to JPEG? Or even how to convert to GIF? What Mac image converter to use? These and such like questions often arise among the modern users. The reason is very simple because nowadays, there is a great variety of formats, including JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP and we all know that each format has its own pluses and minuses and can have a great variety of usage. Namely, the way you want to use one or another image will affect the choice of conversion, whether to convert GIF to JPG, JPG to PNG or to convert PNG to JPEG, or maybe there is a necessity to convert TIFF to JPG. If you think that only professional photographers puzzle head over this issue, do not want to disappoint you but it is not true, because an ordinary user may face the necessity to convert images as well.
Wondering how it could be? Let’s imagine, you have an account on some forum or you have registered on some site and what to upload an image, you click on the upload option, wait for a couple of seconds and obtain the result something like “Sorry, but the type of the image you want to upload is not supported” or “Unacceptable file format”. The thing is that a great number of websites as well as applications, unfortunately, do not accept images if they do not end up with .JPG extension. Now everything seems to be clear, and you know the reason for such error messages as you wanted to upload a PNG file. However, with the help of PNG to JPG converter, this problem could be solved within a couple of minutes.
Also, it is worth mentioning that, when choosing the format of the image, you need to take into consideration these 3 factors, namely:
- Whether to compress the photo and sacrifice its quality of the photo in order to get the fast and efficient loading and sending.
- Whether to minimize the size of the image, if you are limited to the space for storing your photos.
- Whether to increase transmission speed if you are planning to send images frequently.
Besides these factors, there are of course a lot of other reasons. However, all these reasons lead to other questions like "How to convert" as well as "Which image converter for Mac solution to use?" as there is a plenty of software offering such feature. Some of them can convert BMP to JPG only while others provide you with a support for a lot of formats. So if you have images with .GIF, .TIFF, .PNG or any other file extension do not worry, with a decent image converter you will not need to rack your head anymore.
By the way, according to the statistics, the most commonly used image extension nowadays is JPG or JPEG as it is also known. And in most cases, you would find yourself most likely to convert different image formats into this kind of image extension, even though other formats of an image can also have a great sphere of application. Nevertheless, converting photos manually or even doing so for a single file, can take time, especially if you work with hundreds of photos every day. That is why to set up an automated process for converting one or more image files from one format to another would be a great thing.
We recommend you to try PhotoBulk, developed by Eltima Software. It is an easy to use bulk image converter for Mac with a lot of other interesting features.
Bulk converting is a great thing when you do not want to sit in front of the monitor all day dealing with photos and PhotoBulk can be your magic wand. The format of the input files supported by this app are JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF and HEIC format. It is also worth mentioning that PhotoBulk makes it possible to choose the quality for JPEG image output, by dragging the slider to the left and to the right. In addition, the app supports Keep original quality option. With PhotoBulk you can easily convert TIFF to JPG and not only. All you’ll need to do is drop the files’ icons onto an app window in your Mac and they’ll be converted to the format you’ve specified. Read further for more details.
Here is the guide how to convert multiple images (step-by-step)
- Download and install PhotoBulk on your computer from here or you can find this software in the Mac App Store.
- Open the software once installed on your computer.
- Select the pictures you want to edit and place them to PhotoBulk’s editing window. Here you can choose different ways to do it. Choose what you like the most.
- Apply one of the PhotoBulk features to your images or several of them according to your choice.
- To convert photos from one format to another invoke Format option in the sidebar.
- Choose one of the available output formats from the drop-down list. PhotoBulk can work not only as PNG to JPG converter or JPG to PNG converter but also you can choose five possible output formats: • JPG;
- When you have set up all your preferred settings and ready to apply them, click START button.
- In the window that appears choose the path to save the processed photos.
- Press Save button.
So as you can see, with the help of PhotoBulk you can easily convert BMP to JPG, TIFF to JPG, JPG to PNG, and so on and so forth. In addition, PhotoBulk will also be rather handy for you if you want to resize multiple images at once, use image optimizer, add one or more watermarks and rename photos with ease.
Try it yourself and forget about such questions as “How to convert JPG to PNG?”, “ How to optimize an image without losing the quality?”, “How to keep all metadata?”, etc.
Version 2.1.246 (8th Feb, 2018) Release notes