in Products13 Jun 2016, 16:12
Today we are thrilled to introduce to you our newest product – CloudMounter. This system utility allows mounting cloud storages and web servers as additional drives on your Mac.
The way it works is really simple: choose the service to mount with the help of a handy connections manager UI, login using your credentials and the mounted service or server will appear as an additional drive in Finder.
CloudMounter’s supported services:
As for the security, CloudMounter does not save, store or use in any way your private data. All passwords are securely kept in Mac OS Keychain and sent directly to the servers through SSL-encrypted channels.
Try CloudMounter and see what advantages a centralized cloud manager can provide.
in Products07 Mar 2016, 16:09
We, at Eltima Software, are happy to announce the release of our newest app – Uplet is a bulk Instagram uploader for Mac. This awesome app allows you to upload and post any number of photos to your Instagram account in a single click.
The interface of Uplet is really simple. All you need to do is login to your Instagram account, drag-and-drop photos you want to upload and post all of them in one go, directly from your Mac.
If required, you can edit pictures one-by-one. Uplet allows you to:
- post photos in their original dimensions or crop them square;
- upload multiple photos at a time;
- keep the original quality of images;
- add captions with hashtags and emoticons.
Please note that Uplet is not affiliated to Instagram, so you will need your Instagram account to use the app. Uplet is available for download at Mac App Store.
Download Uplet on the Mac App Store
in Products22 Feb 2016, 12:08
With the release of Commander One, our two-pane file manager for OS X, we have realized that some of our users run Apple devices on the client side and Windows on the server side. In order to help those particular users we have tested some SFTP servers for Windows to verify they work well with our software.
Among the various options available on the market, Syncplify.me Server! stands out both in terms of security and ease of use. You can literally set up a very secure, PCI and HIPAA compliant, SFTP server in 5 minutes, with automatic configurations for the most common use-case scenarios such as maximum security, legacy client support, or highly optimized backup target. And the more advanced users will enjoy its support for Active Directory, scripting, event-handling, and above all its automatic self-protecting and self-healing capabilities.
Enjoy the power and flexibility of Syncplify.me Server! coupled with Commander One, and deploy your own robust and reliable turn-key secure file transfer system.
in Products26 Nov 2015, 13:23
Eltima Software team is glad to announce the start of our brand new project – Swordbox – the most convenient way to keep all your passwords safe, accessible, and organized. The only thing required is a Dropbox account.
You will get access to all your passwords from any computer or mobile device at any time. Any change you make on one device is immediately available on your other devices. All information is kept safe and you are the only one who knows the master key.
You can be sure that all your passwords are as safe as can be because:
- database is carefully encrypted
- only you know master key
- we can’t access your passwords
- two-step verification is performed
- database locks based on user inactivity
- authorization takes place at Dropbox secure server
If for some reason you do not want to use Dropbox, we are working on other services support, like Google Drive or Eltima’s own sync service. You can also suggest a service you prefer to use.
Swordbox will be available for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS.
Visit Eltima’s official website for more information.
your Peter Wood.
in Products23 Nov 2015, 16:03
The new version brings in various enhancements that will make it work better with OS X 10.11 El Capitan. The app has migrated to Swift 2.0 to become even more stable and work faster. Commander One now supports Amazon S3 storage service and is capable of integrating as many Google Drive accounts as required. There is no need to copy their data on Mac to access and manage it.
Here is the entire list of what you get with the latest Commander One.
There are various enhancements to help the app work better with OS X 10.11 El Capitan. Migration to Swift 2.0 has improved Commander One in terms of stability and speed.
- Access and manage data stored on Amazon S3 (available in PRO Pack)
- Access and manage contents of Google Drive (PRO Pack)
- Mount Dropbox as a disk, Share it or use other Dropbox options (PRO Pack)
- New languages support – Spanish, Czech, Chinese
- Queuing file operations, including those that have already started.
- Processing file operations in the background. This allows working with multiple Commander One windows.
- Displaying hidden files as translucent. This helps identify them better.
- Displaying time remaining for modal operations such as copy, move, etc.
- Connection interrupted when downloading large files
You can download new version from official website
Yours Peter Wood
in Products30 Sep 2015, 13:00
OS X 10.11 El Capitan is here at last!
Apart from UI and usability improvements the major update of the release is related to security system, we will discuss it below.
To enhance OS X security and reliability Apple introduces new safety system officially called System Integrity Protection (SIP), it is also known as “Rootless” feature.
The system accomplishes two tasks:
- restricts root access
- protects system integrity on the disk and memory
Thus your system’s update to El Captain will disable applications that inject code into OS X processes. This will also affect file managers that are not fully compatible with the new system. Such apps change the processes by adding features whilst they are running. OS X 10.11 El Capitan however does not allow making such changes.
New security system protects system files. The latter can be modified only by Apple installers, and also via Software update. Apple decided that certain actions cannot be performed by third party software. This means that the app that “inject” themselves into system processes will not work anymore.
I am happy to announce that updating your system to OS X 10.11 El Capitan will have no impact on Commander One 1.1. It is absolutely independent program that does not conflict with the new Apple security system, and you can keep utilizing benefits offered by the app.
Download Commander One 1.1
P.S.//If after upgrading to OS X 10.11 El Capitan your file manager does not function anymore, we will give you 50% discount on Commander One PRO Pack – provided you have a proof that you have purchased other file manager before.
Discount is available here
Yours Peter Wood
in Products29 Sep 2015, 09:59
We are delighted to announce the release of Commander 1.1, the newest version of our dual pane file manager. We fixed some bugs and added some features according to our users’ suggestions.
Commander One 1.1 brings in:
Multiple enhancements to provide better compatibility with OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz support (PRO Pack)
- FTPS protocol support (PRO Pack)
- hanging file permissions via FTP/ FTPS/SFTP protocols (PRO Pack)
- Selecting a program to open a file, ‘Open with’ command is accessible via File and context menus
- German and Dutch languages support
- Detecting computers that use NetBIOS protocol and displaying them in the list of network computers
- Truncating long file names with an ellipsis in the middle – works in Thumbs and Brief view modes. To see a full name, hover over it.
- Erroneous search through the files contents using regular expressions
- Wrong creation time of a file displayed when copying it from iOS, MTP or FTP to Mac
The new version is already available for download from official website.
Yours Peter Wood
in Products04 Aug 2015, 11:56
We are delighted to introduce to you our new product – meet Commander One. This file manager features a dual-pane interface and a number of powerful features. Commander One is designed to make browsing and managing your Mac’s content smoother and faster thus increasing efficiency of your workflow.
As we mentioned earlier, this is the first product we have developed in Swift, and we are pleased with the result. The dual-pane interface for easy moving and copying files from one place to another; multi-tab browsing for eliminating clutter; advanced search for locating files quickly; file operations queueing, hotkeys setup, ZIP support and much more – Commander One will surely become your indispensable assistant.
PRO Pack of the application offers additional benefits: built-in fast FTP client that enables you to connect to remote server through FTP or SFTP; easy access to data on your devices, both iOS and Android; compression and extraction of ZIP, RAR, TBZ, TGZ, 7z files; integration of any number of Dropbox accounts, and more.
This is what you get with Commander One:
- 2 panels with 3 view modes and unlimited tabs
- Multiple selection
- File operations queue
- Rename files during copy and move operations
- Set up custom hotkeys for any action
- Work with local and network drives
- Customizable fonts & colors
- Spotlight search
- Show hidden files
- Search in ZIP archives
- Advanced search with regular expressions
- ZIP archives support with compressing, extracting and full access
- Bonjour computers
- Root Access
- Preview multiple types of files incl. binary and hex
Extra features of PRO Pack:
- RAR support with extracting, full access and search
- TarGz with compressing, extracting, search, and full access
- 7zip with compressing, extracting, search, and full access
- Mount iOS devices
- Mount MTP devices
- Process viewer
- Mount Dropbox account as a drive
- Terminal Emulator
- FTP Manager
- Share Dropbox Links
Avail yourself of our special offer – PRO Pack is now available for free trial for 15 days. Make most of it!
Download from official website
yours Peter Wood
in Products21 May 2015, 15:53
It’s been a while since we posted last, but all for a good reason – all this time we’ve been working hard on our new product we’ve already told you about. The product is to be launched, and we would like to share some details with you.
You might remember that this is our first project on Swift, that is why we found it to be sort of challenging. The happier we are now to announce we accomplished this ambitious task – a lot of new experience and working on it was fun.
What is Commander One all about? It is basically a file manager for Mac, equipped with a double pane interface.
This is how a list of functions – a preliminary one – looks:
- Double pane to list files
- 3 display modes (Full, Brief, Thumbs)
- Tabs support
- Hidden files display
- File operations queue
- Built-in search with regular expression support
- App’s own file viewer
- Root Access mode
- and much more
More information will be available on the release day. Apart from what is mentioned above Commander One supports archiving (zip, tar, rar, 7zip). It can also mount iOS, MTP or Dropbox accounts as drives; a full-fledged FTP Manager combined with built-in Terminal turn Commander One into an indispensable tool for developers.
Are you as excited as we are? Would like to be the first to check out our new product? Follow the link below and subscribe to get the release announcement.
in Swift27 Nov 2014, 19:52
Remember me telling about Eltima’s new thrilling project in the beginning of the summer? Good news! Our team is getting closer to alpha, and what we are doing right now is adding secondary functions and bugfixing.
It was decided to write the new project in Swift. Swift certainly has its pros and cons as any programming language.
I’ve defined the following cons:
- Each xcode beta version brought internal language changes, so we had to fix the code to match the new version.
- We had to use sometimes Objective-C, as Swift did not let us do all the things we wanted.
- Performance of an app written in Swift is still lower than of an app written in Objective-C, so that’s why we had to use Objective-C code sometimes.
- Swift is a new language featuring many handy tools for speeding up the development, like enums, pattern mathing, generics, tuples, property observers and others.
- With Swift you can finally get rid of certain things which were used barely for compatibility with C/C++ and Objective-C (define, attribute syntax).
Since a programming language is merely a tool in a programmer’s hands, the handier the tool is, the more productive a developer can be. By using Swift in a real project, we gained a useful and interesting experience. That we can say for sure.
New Awesome Product
A few words about our new app. That is an impressive and ambitious project. But we won’t tell you any more details at this stage, as alpha and beta tests are still ahead. We hope to release public beta version be the end of the year. Cannot promise you anything specific, as we have tons of work to do yet.
We’ll tell more details about the project, as well as our challenges, once the alpha testing is completed.
yours Peter Wood