A lot has changed since the first release of Commander One and it is always a positive change. There are more and more people enjoying the benefits that Commander One offers in terms of top-notch file management in a dual-pane environment. For all those who loved a famous dual-panel file manager for Windows PC, we did our best to keep the best characteristics of the classic software and only make it better and suitable for Mac computers.
Whatever brought you to a decision of getting a dual-pane file manager app (a search for Total Commander for Mac, or for a native Finder alternative, or a stable Android file transfer software, or a reliable FTP client for macOS) you’ll be pleased to find a solution right here. Commander One is an advanced tool for file management and document sharing between Mac, clouds and mobile devices.
We truly appreciate our users and the fact that you choose our software inspires us to create a better product with everything you want to see in it. Commander One 2.0 offers even more stable and advanced experience on macOS. So, let’s see what this major update offers:
- ability to open and edit files stored on online connections
- ability to open and edit files in archives (except for RAR)
- ability to open and edit files on MTP and iOS devices
- support for Box.com
- support for Backblaze.com
- a new type of connection for OpenStack Swift (Object Storage), with Keystone authentication services v.1 and v.2
- ability to choose server endpoint for Amazon S3
- support for new regions in Amazon S3: cn-north-1 Beijing, eu-north-1 Stockholm
- SSO support for OneDrive
- Microsoft Cloud Germany (office.de) support for OneDrive
- ability to work with “Shared with me” folder on Google Drive
- ability to mount to WebDAV servers with untrusted HTTPS certificate
- support for encryption on online connections.
- support for Dropbox Business
- support for Google Team Drives
- support for Finder Extensions (Dropbox, Google Backup and Sync, etc.)
- support for Finder Tags
- support for dark mode on macOS 10.14
- Italian and Portuguese localizations
- support for OpenSSH keys for SFTP connections
- ability to select a UI language in preferences
- ability to configure the appearance of the built-in preview
- ability to configure the appearance of the built-in Terminal
- functionality of operations queue
- operation speed of WebDAV connection
- icons size changes when adjusting the font size
- functionality of built-in Terminal
- work with MTP devices
- support for UTF-8 for FTP connections
- support for Cyrillic characters for FTP connections
- the display of symbolic link icons.
- support for AZERTY keyboard.
Lots of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you for your continued feedback!).
We hope you’ll get the most out of Commander One 2.0 and will find efficient and thoughtful updates useful. Whether you are using our file manager as an Archiver for Mac, Terminal emulator, Cloud manager or else, it will prove to be your indispensable assistant.
We are ready to hear any questions or suggestions for Commander One and, as always, will appreciate your feedback at email@example.com.
Also, subscribe to our social networks to stay tuned to the latest news about Commander One.