Instagram has over 500 million users that are active every month and who have shared tens of billions of photos with 95 million photos and videos shared per day. If you like someone's photo on Instagram and want to save it to your computer for inspiration you'll be surprised to find out there is no native way to explicitly do so. You can like it or bookmark it, but sometimes these options don't make the cut. For example if it is your own photo you want to save because somehow you lost the original.
Well, just because there is no designated download button offered by Instagram, it doesn't mean there is absolutely no way to download Instagram photos. We have rounded up several convenient methods for Instagram download.
Please don't forget to be respectful of photos belonging to other people. Downloading someone's photo for personal enjoyment is okay as long as you don't repost it or post it without tagging the owner. There is an in-depth section on Instagram Help about Copyright.
1. Check out the service called DownloadGram. Steps are easy to follow:
- Step 1: Open Instagram’s website and find the account and then the photo you want to save. Go to post.
- Step 2: Copy the photo’s link from your browser.
- Step 3: Open DownloadGram’s website
- Step 4: Paste the link in the box in place of an automatically suggested Instagram link.
- Step 5: Click the Download button. After that click the Download Picture button to finally save the image.
2. If you desperately need to download user Instagram photos and are ready to invest in the unlimited downloading possibilities, check out the 4K Stogram app.
- Step 1: Download the app on your computer and install.
- Step 2: Open the app and paste an Instagram username, hashtag, or even location of a photo in the search bar.
- Step 3: Click Subscribe.
- Step 4: All posts including videos will start to automatically download to a folder on your machine.
- Step 5: If you want to download from an unlimited number of profiles, get the licensed version for $10.
3. Try the web browser possibilities.
- Step 1: Go to Instagram’s website.
- Step 2: Find the Instagram photo you want, go to post, and copy the photo’s link from your browser.
- Step 3: Command-click the photo, and choose View Page Source.
- Step 4: Locate the section that has "meta property" info and go to line starting with < meta property="og:image".
- Step 5: The link that follows will have a common photo extension, either JPG or PNG.
- Step 6: Copy and paste the link into your browser and press Enter.
- Step 7: Now that you opened image in your browser, right-click it and choose Save Image As to save the photo.
Now these were several methods to download Instagram videos and download Instagram pictures.
How about the ways to upload to Instagram from computer?
Instagram upload from your Mac is convenient for many reasons: you can share many photos or videos in a click and you can type captions on your full-size keyboard. Check out the Uplet app, it also allows keeping the original resolution and quality of the images. Here's how to upload photos to Instagram from Mac with Uplet:
- Sign in with your Instagram account.
- Choose the photos or videos you want to share and add them all to the app.
- For each photo you can add a caption and choose the aspect ratio.
- Click Share (or Share all if you are posting many files).
Refer to Uplet's User Manual in order to upload to Instagram from your computer without breaking any rules and getting banned.
Version 1.5.214 (13th Dec, 2018) Release notes