Download youtube playlist as MP3 on Mac
One of the most convenient things about YouTube is that users are able to group similar content together into a playlist that everyone is able to enjoy. What if you wanted to save one of your favorite playlists onto your computer so that you could watch it offline though?
A good YouTube downloader would let you download one video after another, but that is time consuming. If you want to download a YouTube playlist to MP3 then you want to use one of the best YouTube downloaders that lets you download an entire playlist in a single click.
We’ve rounded up some of the best ways how to download YouTube playlist in MP3 so take a look at our list and choose the right one for you.
How to Download YouTube MP3 Playlist on Mac
Our first choice for download YouTube playlist MP3 would be Airy. It’s easy to use Airy and we’ve detailed the steps to do so below. Please note that Airy is able to download a full playlist or channel as well as batch downloads of individual YouTube videos.
- Download Airy and install it onto your Mac. Activate the full version using an activation code. Airy allows for two free downloads.
- Copy and paste the link of the YouTube playlist – or individual video – into Airy.
- Choose the format for the videos to be saved in. Choose MP3 if you just want to save the audio. Don’t forget it could take some time to download a larger playlist.
- Click on the download button. Airy downloads are saved in the Downloads folder on your Mac by default, but you can change this download location through Airy preferences.
Airy is able to pause and resume downloads where you left off, which we think is super convenient!
It couldn’t be simpler to download a YouTube playlist in MP3 through Elmedia:
- Download the Elmedia player program and activate the Pro version using a registration code from the website.
- Activate browser mode by choosing Window > Browser.
- Open the YouTube playlist through Elmedia player.
- Wait as the playlist is parsed.
- Choose which format to save the video in and click the "Download All" button.
Once again, downloads are saved in the Downloads folder by default. Open up the General tab in Preferences to change this. The best part is that Elmedia can play the playlists that you download for you so you won’t need to load up another app.
As the name suggests, this app is primarily a video converter, but it can be used to download YouTube playlist to MP3 as well as downloading individual videos. Any Video Converter allows users to edit videos and export them into a range of formats as well as extract the audio from a video.
Allavsoft is one of the more popular video downloaders for Mac. It’s able to download an entire YouTube playlist or channel and save videos in a range of formats including MP3, MP4, FLV, AVI, and more. This YouTube playlist downloader can also download videos from other sites including Yahoo, Dailymotion, MySpace, and CBS. Choose the output quality of the video through the preferences from low to HD depending on the quality of the original video.
4K Video Downloader is able to download YouTube playlists in a range of formats including audio, video, and subtitles up to high quality. The performance of the program depends on the hardware of your computer and the internet connection. You are able to save videos in just about any format or resolution you want. The control panel for 4K Video Downloader provides advanced downloading options for subtitles, including being able to embed them into the video file for watching the video on Mac.
Video Grabber is a free online tool for downloading YouTube playlists and videos. Paste the link of the YouTube video you want into the box and then click the Download button. Choose the format to save the video in, right-click on it, and then click Save Link As. Repeat the process for each video in the playlist until you’ve got all the videos you want. As you can see there is some work involved because - while the app is free – you have to manually download each individual video.