Downloading sound from YouTube on Mac
is so easy!
These days, the massively popular platform YouTube is no longer associated solely with miscellaneous video content. It is now full of most popular and contemporary music from all over the world. Notably, performers tend to upload newly recorded songs on YouTube even prior to creating music videos for them.
We perfectly understand those of you who want to rip the sound from YouTube without having to download the whole video. To help you enjoy your favorite music, we've rounded up the best YouTube sound downloaders for Mac. Continue reading to see which one is a better fit for your needs.
Airy - the most powerful sound YouTube downloader for Mac
Airy is specifically designed to download videos from YouTube and save them on your Mac. This easy and straightforward application works flawlessly on macOS Sierra and can be fully integrated into your browser, plus it’s absolutely ad free.
With Airy you’ll be able to choose your preferred video resolution and download movies in MP3, 3GP or MP4 formats. This program will also help you download as many YouTube videos as you want in batch, including the videos requiring
Airy’s capability to download videos not only in different qualities but also in various formats ensures their compatibility with iPhone, iPod, iPad and MP3 player.
Using Airy is a piece of cake. See it yourself:
- Visit Eltima Software website to download Airy . Activate it. One can download two YouTube videos with the free version.
- Go to YouTube website to copy the URL of a video, channel, or playlist you’d like to download. Paste it into Airy window.
- Choose the format from the drop-down menu to save YouTube videos or audios as. To download only sound, select MP3. Note that downloading multiple items at once is likely to take more time.
- Press the Download button.
Other Airy features you might find useful:
- Saving YouTube playlists in audio and video formats on your Mac;
- Possibility to download an entire YouTube channel;
- Saving private videos from YouTube;
- Bulk downloading;
- Ability to download private videos from YouTube in batch.
Aside from being an ideal sound YouTube download Mac solution, Elmedia can be a worthy replacement for any media player you have ever dealt with. Similar to managing playlists in iTunes, with Elmedia Player you’ll be able to create, edit and delete your media playlists. Its performance, stability, and support for multiple file formats are capable of satisfying the most demanding users.
PRO version has much more to offer. With Elmedia PRO you’ll be able to download movies from such popular video sharing sites as Metacafe, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Yahoo, etc. It can also download videos, playlists and entire channels from YouTube, extract audio from movies and save subtitles (upon their availability) in .srt format right to your computer.
To download sound from YouTube with Elmedia Player PRO, do the following:
- First, download Elmedia and upgrade it to PRO version with the code that you can purchase from Eltima official website.
- Turn on the browser mode in Elmedia main menu.
- Insert a YouTube URL and press “Enter”.
- Select the video you’d like to extract the sound from in the list below the movie.
- Go to Audio tab and decide on your preferred audio format to save the file as.
- Your sound files will be automatically saved to your Downloads folder unless you change the default download location in Elmedia Preferences.
Folx has an elegant and user-friendly interface. It combines the basic features of both - a free download manager and an easy to use torrent client for macOS.
Free version offers numerous useful features, however it’s upgrading Folx to PRO that will reveal its full potential and let you save any audio or video from YouTube.
Here is a simple instruction on how to download sound from YouTube on Mac
- Begin with downloading Folx from the developers' website and activating its PRO version. The license code will be delivered to your email shortly after the purchase;
- Enter a YouTube video link in Folx and click Enter;
- Customize your download settings:
- ★ Set tags for your downloads (e.g.: YouTube).
- ★ To save only the sound, choose MP3.
YouTubNow isn’t the most developed solution to downloading YouTube videos. However, it’s very straightforward to use and completely free. Plus, it lets you download as many videos as you want in up to 1080p video or 256k audio quality without the need for a browser plugin. This can be an attractive feature for users who want to save videos but don’t want the hassle of downloading extra software.
To use YouTubNow:
- Go to the YouTubNow site.
- Enter the URL of the video you want to save.
- Pick your audio/video quality and file format.
- Click “Download”.