Plenty of videos on YouTube have subtitles or closed captions in a range of languages and if you’re going to download a video like this, you may want to download YouTube subtitles on Mac as well. Airy YouTube Downloader allows you to download videos from YouTube, but it also works as a YouTube subtitles downloader on Mac.
Keep on reading to find out more about how to download YouTube captions on Mac.
Before getting into how to download YouTube closed captions on Mac, we’d like to let you know more about Airy itself. Airy is a great app for downloading videos on YouTube. As well as allowing you to download videos and working as a YouTube caption downloader on Mac, the software also allows for:
- Downloading an entire playlist or channel
- Downloading private videos
- Pausing and resuming downloads
- Improved batch downloading
You can see for yourself why many people choose to use Airy for downloading online videos. There aren’t many free YouTube downloaders on the market that allow for batch downloading and downloading an entire playlist at once. This is commonly reserved as a premium feature. Now it’s time to look at how to download YouTube videos with subtitles using Airy:
- The first thing to do is to open up YouTube and find the video with subtitles that you want to download. You can even download videos with multiple subtitle options.
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video and paste it into Airy
- Choose the video quality and then click on Download
- All you have to do now is wait until the video has finished downloading
- Airy also downloads the .srt file (or files) for the video. This .srt file is supported by most modern video players and it contains the embedded subtitles for the video.
After you download your YouTube videos with subtitles why not play them with the free Elmedia video player? This video player fully supports videos with external subtitles.
Version 3.9.218 (14th Jul, 2019) Release notes