Safari YouTube downloader extension for best results
Video DownloadHelper is the perfect solution for those who want to be able to download videos from the web. The add-on is friendly, doesn't take much space, makes it so easy to download stuff with just one click in Firefox browser. This Firefox extension supports downloading videos from YouTube, Google, MySpace, etc. However if you prefer using other browser like Safari you won't be able to use DownloadHelper. So in case of your preference of a different web browser, you might be interested in finding an alternative, for example a video downloadhelper for Safari.
So let's have a look at the most efficient methods of downloading online videos that make a worthy alternative to video DownloadHelper for Safari on Mac.
1. Elmedia Player PRO App
Elmedia Player PRO can download videos from pretty much any website. It can also be integrated with your favorite web browser (Safari, Chrome, FireFox, Opera, etc.). Follow the steps below:
- Download Elmedia Player and install it on your Mac;
- Open the app and upgrade to PRO version;
- Open “Integrate into Browser” option in Main menu of the app;
- Once an .html file with instructions opens in your default browser, read through them;
- Drag the link to your browser’s bookmarks bar;
- Now whenever you decide to download a video open online, you'll just need to click “Open in Elmedia Player” option in your browser’s bookmark bar;
- Elmedia Player will open ready to download.
The instructions for Safari browser:
2. Airy YouTube downloader App
Airy is a browser YouTube downloader. It can be used as standalone app or as a Safari YouTube downloader extension. Airy supports other popular web browsers also.
To let Airy automatically catch YouTube links in Safari follow the steps:
- Download the app and install it. First 2 downloads are for free, for unlimited number of downloads activate the full version of Airy.
- Choose Integrate into Browser option of the main menu.
- Drag the provided link onto your browser’s bookmarks bar.
- Now when you are browsing youtube.com and want to download a video, click the added link in the bookmarks bar.
- Select the file type to save the video as and click Download.
3. Video Grabber App
This one is yet another good Safari video downloader. Video Grabber is a web-based application that doesn't require any fees, memberships or even sign-ups. It supports all popular video websites including YouTube, Blip, 5min, Break, Dailymotion, Vimeo. It is really easy to use:
- Copy the link to the video and go to Video Grabber’s website. Now simply paste the link and click the “Download” button.
- Look for a notification pop-up and click “Download Launcher” when prompted. Once downloaded and installed, the video will be downloaded automatically. Next time you want to download videos you won't need to go through installation process.
- Once fetching process is complete choose your preferred format and resolution and download.
Thanks for reading and don't hesitate to share your opinion in comments.
Version 6.9(1118) (12th Nov, 2017) Release notes