The Top YouTube Errors and How to Solve Them
YouTube is a great place to stay ahead of the biggest news stories of the world and it’s also a valuable source of entertainment, but we could do without those times we get YouTube errors. The best way to fix YouTube errors is to download the content onto your device. If you still want to solve YouTube errors Mac without downloading the videos, then here are some ways to solve YouTube errors and move past those pesky messages telling you an error occurred in YouTube.
We’ll be taking a look at some of the most common errors and how you can solve them to make watching YouTube a breeze. Before getting into things though, we’d like to look at the times that you can’t fix YouTube errors no matter how long you work on them. In cases like that, the best solution is to have the YouTube videos downloaded directly onto your Mac. Airy YouTube Downloader is a great way to achieve that.
Airy YouTube Downloader as alternative method to avoid YouTube Errors
Airy YouTube Downloader for Mac helps avoid a number of YouTube errors. It can do so much more than that too, including:
- Downloading an entire YouTube playlist to video and audio formats
- Extracting MP3 and MP4 from YouTube videos
- Downloading private YouTube videos
- Downloading a complete YouTube channel
Troubleshooting Top YouTube Errors
An Error Occurred YouTube
There are many times that you find yourself in the situation where you want to play a YouTube video but instead you get a message telling you that an error has occurred and you should try again later. This is one of the most YouTube errors, but luckily it can typically be resolved by just refreshing the video. Sometimes this solution doesn’t work however, and you need to do more. Here’s how you can solve this error.
- Clear the cookies, cache, temporary internet files and browsing history of your browser
- Pause the YouTube video and change the quality/resolution (360p, 480p, 720p, etc)
- Update all plugins on your browser
- Disable graphics hardware acceleration, save all your work, and then restart your browser
- If using the HTTPS everywhere plugin then make sure YouTube is allowed and watch YouTube videos using your Firefox profile
Video Player Error Message
This problem is caused by a drop in internet connection, the uploader making changes to the video, the video being deleted, and other such issues. This error can be solved with the following steps:
- Refresh the video on YouTube
- Wait 30 minutes before trying to watch the video again
- Close any other tabs and windows
- Ensure that your browser is running the latest version of Flash Player
- Use a different device or browser to watch the YouTube video
- Try the first and second solutions for “An Error Occurred”
Video Display Issue
If you’re able to hear the video but you can’t see it then here are some troubleshooting options for you.
- Disable Adobe Flash Player hardware acceleration by right clicking on a video and opening the settings. Uncheck the “Enable hardware acceleration” option, close the settings, and refresh the video
- Ensure graphics drivers are fully updated
This issue can be solved by altering the video resolution or by deleting the cache and cookies in your browser. A YouTube playback ID error may also be caused by slow internet speeds. There are some other potential solutions to try to solve the issue, including:
- Trying to watch the video on another browser
- Switching from Wi-Fi to a cable connection
- Rebooting your router. Turn it off or unplug it for around 30 seconds before turning it back on.
Black Bars Issue
The black bars problem could be horizontal or vertical black bars, as well as black bars appearing across the whole video. Either way, it makes for a bad viewing experience. The reason the issue occurs is that the size of the video doesn’t match up with YouTube video upload requirements. If you want to upload YouTube videos without getting these black bars, then take a look at some of the best video sizes for uploading on YouTube.
Video Not Available In Your Country
Unfortunately this isn’t a problem that you can just solve, but you may as well learn why it happens. When a YouTube video isn’t available in your country it means that the uploader has specified that only certain countries can watch it due to licensing rights. YouTube will also sometimes block content in certain countries to abide by the laws of that country.
Video Doesn’t Play Properly
This is a YouTube error where the video doesn’t load properly, it refuses to start playing altogether, it gets stuck, or the video player is blank without any video loading. This problem is divided into one of two main errors; either the video is unplayable, or the content can’t play at all.
If it’s one specific video that isn’t working, then solve these YouTube errors Mac by following the tips from the “video display issue” section. If you can’t get any videos at all to load, then here are some additional tips:
1. Change the settings of your firewall
It’s possible that your firewall is blocking YouTube, which can cause problems with video playback. You need to look through your firewall settings and allow YouTube to get everything working fine.
2. Temporarily disable your pop-up and ad-blockers – including antivirus software
These tips can guide you through some of the most common errors with YouTube videos. If you run into other YouTube errors that need to be solved, then the official YouTube help guides and forums are the place to look. While it’s inevitable that you would need to solve YouTube errors at some point, YouTube is still a service that you can rely on. YouTube allows you to upload videos and share them with your friends, and you can use third-party software to download the best videos on YouTube directly to your computer or mobile device.
Version 3.5.197 (16th Mar, 2018) Release notes