SyncMate Error - Cant connect to MAC (Socket: Host not found)(Read 9348 times)
Hello All,

I have been sync'ing my iMac and MacBook for some months, suddenly it has stopped working and I get the following message when sync'ing to the MacBook (or to a USB stick):-

SyncMate Error - Cant connect to MAC (Socket: Host not found)

Syncmate Version is 2.5.0.927 with no outstanding updates.

Can anybody offer any help please ?

Many Thanks

Andy

Re: SyncMate Error - Cant connect to MAC (Socket: Host not found) Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 04:44:46 PM
Syncmate Version is 2.5.0.927 with no outstanding updates.
As I can see you're using an old build of SyncMate (current build is 2.6.0.1126).

If you're running Mac OS 10.5 or higher I would recommend you to update SyncMate to the latest build which can be downloaded from: http://www.sync-mac.com/download/syncmate.dmg

Version fixes and enhancements can be viewed at: http://mac.eltima.com/rss/en-syncmate.rss

After installing the new build of SyncMate, please, (re)create all connection, i.e. delete currently established connections in SyncMate (SyncMate - main menu > Connections > Delete connection) and add new ones.

Re: SyncMate Error - Cant connect to MAC (Socket: Host not found) Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 05:58:40 PM
Travis,

Thanks for your help. The Syncmate build (Expert) was downloaded new 2 - 3 months ago and nothing came up when we asked Mac OS to search for updates a few days ago. Does it not notify updated builds ?

However I will do as you suggest and report back soon !

Many Thanks

Andy

Re: SyncMate Error - Cant connect to MAC (Socket: Host not found) Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 12:16:23 PM
Does it not notify updated builds ?
SyncMate notifies you about updates available if you've enabled "Check updates on startup" option in SyncMate Preferences.

Re: SyncMate Error - Cant connect to MAC (Socket: Host not found) Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 09:44:16 PM
Travis,

Thanks for the hint about Updates - now enabled.

I upgraded in place both the iMac (master) and MacBook (slave) - but no improvement.

Then I uninstalled Syncmate from the iMac, downloaded the latest .dmg and reinstalled it. Set up the synchronisation links again - all OK  :)

Any idea what the root of the problem was please ?

Many Thanks

Andy

Re: SyncMate Error - Cant connect to MAC (Socket: Host not found) Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 02:46:54 PM
Any idea what the root of the problem was please ?
I am sorry, but we are not able to provide you with the explanations on the initial issue.

The latest build of SyncMate has lots of fixes and improvements comparing to the build that you used (see - http://mac.eltima.com/rss/en-syncmate.rss). Possibly, one of these fixes provided solution for your problem.

Re: SyncMate Error - Cant connect to MAC (Socket: Host not found) Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 09:13:33 PM
Thanks anyway Travis.

All working now although my customer's confidence has been rocked.

Andy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5