Installing run service Active X on Win 7 (Read 11281 times)
Installing run service Active X on Win 7 on: June 17, 2013, 11:21:17 AM
Hello,

There are 2 issues we are facing.
1.   We are trying to install Run Service Active X on a win7 machine & the installation is stuck at the last of the process saying "Registering Files"  Refer to the attached screenshot.

After this nothing is happening. I do see the eltima option in my Programs list though & the sample projects have also been installed.

2. When I try to open the c# example, VS 2012 asks me for Name & key which when I enter I get a message saying the Key was correct please close & resun the IDE. Closing & re runing the IDE asks for the same Name & Key values again & I can't seem to get past it does not matter what I try?

This has been the case for quite some time now & its kind of urgent for us. Can you please help?

Thanks

Re: Installing run service Active X on Win 7 Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 04:13:48 PM
Hello,

Make sure that you run the installer as Admin.
If it installs successfully try to use the library from this build.

Let me know about the results.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 02:55:03 PM by James Foster »

Re: Installing run service Active X on Win 7 Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 09:30:20 AM
Hi James,
   Thanks for your reply.
The version you sent did install properly, thanks for that :)

However the other issue still persists
Open C# sample is VisualSTudio (VS)-> Open Form Designer -> Enter Name & key -> Get Success Message -> Restart VS- It asks for Key & Name again

Entering the details restarts the same process, cancelling it throws "ActiveX control needs a license error"

Please help :)

Thanks
Supreet

Re: Installing run service Active X on Win 7 Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 02:54:10 PM
We are sorry, but unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this issue on our side. Our Development team is working to find the reason for this issue and find a fix or workaround. I will update this forum thread as soon as I receive any information concerning this issue.

Hope for your understanding.

Re: Installing run service Active X on Win 7 Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 05:26:05 PM
Hi,
   Please check the video.
http://www.screencast.com/t/9Snmy6U8y

Is there no way possible I can register my version without opening the samples in Visual Studio? Cuz that seems not to be working as evident from the video.

Also The sample service gets installed, but just won't start & I keep getting Error 1503 timeout exception, while starting the server.

This is on my windows 7 machine. But the sample service does work, when I try to start it in another win 7 machine & also on a Windows Server 2008 r2 machine. Its just my machine that it won't start on.

This in very urgent now & any help will really be appreciated.

thanks.

Re: Installing run service Active X on Win 7 Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 11:03:55 AM
I'm sorry for delay. I have sent a new build of Run Service ActiveX to email address indicated in your profile details. Please test this build and let me know the results.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5