"Incorrect UID from device!" Error for OS X <-> Android bluetooth sync(Read 11959 times)
Hi,

I have run into a problem while syncing Contacts & Callendar entries from OS X to a HTC Desire HD (Android 2.2) via bluetooth.

The initial setup went OK, and the entries have been copied to the phone. Sync works both ways. However, after rebooting the phone, it always shows as "Offline" in SyncMate.
Deleting the connection and creating a new one gets things going again.
I have tried with only Callendar sync, and re-pairing the devices, which made no difference.

The connection log:

Build 3.0.1545 (x64 mode)
BackService version: 0.4.5.37
USB driver version: 0.2.5b15
SyncMateServer version: 1.0.3.117
MacFuse version: 2.0.3
Android driver version: 1.0.60
Incorrect UID from device! 352xxxxxxxxxxxx!=fedzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BEGIN SYNCING...

Check connections.

Skip connection HTC Desire HD (AndroidConnection)
No connections ready to sync

END SYNCING

-------------------------
Config:
Contacts: Mac <-> Phone, Sync all groups
iCal: Mac <-> Phone, Sync only selected callendars (4 of 6), Sync all past & future events.

Thanks for the help, and for a nice piece of software.

This issue may occur because of one of the following reasons:

1) You have established connection via USB and now you're trying to connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth without passing the steps for adding connection procedure via Device connection Wizard.

If this is the case, please, add wireless connection using Device connection Wizard.

2) The ID of your mobile device has changed. It can happen if you change SIM card on your mobile device.

Thanks Travis,

This issue may occur because of one of the following reasons:

1) You have established connection via USB and now you're trying to connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth without passing the steps for adding connection procedure via Device connection Wizard.

If this is the case, please, add wireless connection using Device connection Wizard.

I have only used a bluetooth connection, and USB is completely disabled in the preferences.

2) The ID of your mobile device has changed. It can happen if you change SIM card on your mobile device.

I have not changed the SIM card.

I can always reproduce this behaviour without making any changes on the phone, or Mac.

The fact is that we have never been reported of such an issue before.

We are currently investigating it, and as soon as we find out the reason and address it, we will get back to you.

Thank you in advance for your patience in this matter.

A workaround I found is killing syncmate on the phone, then starting it again. After that it can connect and sync (for a while).

Are you still using build 3.0.1545 on your Mac?

If yes, please, try to upgrade SyncMate to the latest build (Build: 3.0.1551) which can be downloaded from: http://www.sync-mac.com/download/syncmate.dmg

Thanks Travis.

No change with 3.0.1551

Our developers say that this issue will be fixed in the upcoming build of SyncMate.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5