Impossible to remove Syncmate(Read 3835 times)
Impossible to remove Syncmate on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:31 PM
I've tried to use the remove-syncmate pkg, it said succes, but at the reboot syncmate icon is on top bar as always. I tried to look everywhere, but can't remove it.
I am running osx 10.9.2

Re: Impossible to remove Syncmate Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:08:21 AM
Hello,

If you are referring to SyncMate 5 Beta, then there is no uninstaller for it yet. The latest version of remove-syncmate.pkg removes only SyncMate versions up to 4. In order to uninstall the Beta, please do the following:

1. Close SyncMate main window, and quit the icon in menu bar.

2. Launch Mac OS Terminal (~/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app) and submit the following command:
defaults delete com.eltima.SyncMate

3. Drag SyncMate.app to the Trash folder.

4. Delete the following system folder:
~/Users/<%your_user%>/Library/Application Support/SyncMate5

This should help.

Re: Impossible to remove Syncmate Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 09:01:04 PM
I installed SyncMate5 (non-beta) on my MacBook Pro (OS X Mavericks). I then tried to uninstall it using the standard Mac process (move to trash) but the SyncMate 5 icon remains.

I then reinstalled SyncMate5 and performed the process described above. I was able to complete the process once I'd figured out how to make my computer show my /Users/<my user name>/Library folder. At the end of the process, the SyncMate5 icon was gone, but reappeared when I restarted my computer. According to the Activity Monitor, a process called SyncMateService is still running under a parent process called launchd.

What next?

Re: Impossible to remove Syncmate Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:11:40 AM
Hello,

I would like to inform you that in release version of SyncMate 5, we have optimized the removing process, comparing to Beta version. Now, it is enough just to drag SyncMate 5 icon into Trash, then Empty Trash and Quit the software icon in Mac OS menu bar, to stop the background process. Then, after reboot, it will not relaunch oneself. There is no need to use uninstaller program.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5