USB Analizer locks up when capturing(Read 3126 times)
USB Analizer locks up when capturing on: April 09, 2014, 03:53:19 AM
The USB Analyzer locks up shortly after I select a USB device and press the "Start" button. After a few minutes of no response, I need to terminate it via task manager.

My laptop uses Windows 8.1 and the USB Analyzer build is 2.0.199. My initial goal is to troubleshoot a USB configuration issue with an ARM embedded board. Yet the lock-up occurs even with mature USB devices like a Logitech mouse. It is also not related to a specific port, e.g. the lock-up occurs whether the device is connected to the single USB 2.0 port or to the two USB 3.0 ports in the laptop. I did a reboot after the installation, as the installation message suggested prior to using the software with USB 3.0 ports.

Please let me know of any suggestions to get the analyzer to capture USB traffic without locking up.

Thanks.

Re: USB Analizer locks up when capturing Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:42:33 PM
Does it also hang if you:

- start the monitoring of an empty USB port through the "Advanced view" tab?
- select "New usb device" under "Simple view", and then plug your device in?

Re: USB Analizer locks up when capturing Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 10:29:41 PM
Yes. It also hangs on both of those, monitoring an empty USB port through "Advanced view" or selecting "New USB device" through  "Simple view". It hangs even before the USB device is plugged in. The same behavior occurs with the USB 2.0 port or the two USB 3.0 ports.

In case it matters, I previously evaluated a demo of another software USB analyzer (USBlyzer). It was removed and the laptop restarted before installing the Eltima USB analyzer, but possibly the uninstall didn't remove all changes.

Can a log be enabled to determine which function is hanging?

Re: USB Analizer locks up when capturing Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:00 AM
I have emailed you the instructions on obtaining a log.

Re: USB Analizer locks up when capturing Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 09:25:59 PM
The update fixed the lock up issue. Thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5