USB Network Gate doesn't work with Gemalto Smartcard Reader(Read 4631 times)
Hi,

i test your software, because i need in a Win7-Remote Desktop (Hyper V) the smart card reader, which is connected to the local pc.

I installed the driver on the local pc and in the remote desktop. It works on the local pc with the driver and the gemalto classic client. Then i shared with your software the smart card reader. It works, because i can see the smart card reader in the device list of the remote desktops device manager if i connect the smart card reader.

But if i open Gemalto Classic Client Toolbox in the remote desktop, it doesn't find the card reader.
With the application (epoline online filing) i can't work (same scenario, he doesn't find the reader).

What can be the problem? thanks.
Must i try another software or can i solve it with the eltima-software?

Raimund
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:44:49 PM by Raimund »

Re: USB Network Gate doesn't work with Gemalto Smartcard Reader Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:30:18 AM
Not all devices will work through RDP. In a remote desktop session Windows is known to block access to most local resources, including USB tokens and smart card readers. This is due to limitations of the RDP protocol itself, not USB Network Gate.

As a solution you may try using an alternative remote desktop software, for instance VNC.

Re: USB Network Gate doesn't work with Gemalto Smartcard Reader Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 09:17:50 AM
ok...thank you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5