Registered version: You can share up to 0 devices???? Urgent(Read 4655 times)
I have a 10 device license, and up until today, 3 devices have been sharing fine. We restarted the server, and after it came back up, USB Network Gate stopped sharing my 3 devices, and will not let me share them or any new ones.

Running version 6.2.671 on Server 2012 R2.

I've gone through a full uninstall/reinstall many times.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled my devices many times.

I sent in a support email, but fear it will be a few days before I get support, and this is kind of an emergency. We have to get these devices working ASAP. They're used in 911 Dispatch software!!

Someone please help...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:54:08 PM by robdplatt »

Re: Registered version: You can share up to 0 devices???? Urgent Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 12:23:40 AM
I only purchased the software today (1 licence) and have exactly the same problem. I used it earlier without any trouble and shut down the computer.

When I restarted, I had exactly the same problem you describe.

Again, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software to no avail.

Re: Registered version: You can share up to 0 devices???? Urgent Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 12:42:43 AM
Okay Robb, I think I may have found the answer....

I have a main PC downstairs and a Windows 8 hybrid tablet/laptop upstairs.
I want to be able to remote control the downstairs PC but also plug in a 3D mouse into my upstairs computer and use that when remote controlling to the downstairs PC that has the 3D apps. Normally I use the 3D mouse on the downstairs computer when downstairs.

The upstairs computer is the server.
The downstairs computer is the client.

This terminology sounds rather muddled as in terms of RDP, the downstairs computer is the server.

I too spent ages troubleshooting the server and then realised I hadn't restarted the client (downstairs computer)

I restarted both the client and the server and now I can share again.

Restart all your clients and the server.

Re: Registered version: You can share up to 0 devices???? Urgent Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 09:18:27 AM
mnp,

In most cases the issue described here happens when you register more than 1 computer with the same key, which results in a license conflict.

What you need to remember is that a license is required only for a machine where USB Network Gate is used in the server mode, which is where the devices you are sharing are attached physically. Client installations are free and need not be registered.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please drop us a line at support@eltima.com - we'll provide the instructions to fix it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5