Problem with install Virtual Serial Port Driver 7.2 demo version again.(Read 3762 times)
Hello.

I used 7.2 demo version and all was fine. But after one run I cannot pair again COM2 with COM3 or any others. Error message says these ports exists. So I tried many things, reinstalls and removing hidden items COM2 and COM3 in device manager. Nowthing helps. Still was the same error. There was also still subkeys 0000 and 0001 in following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\VSBC7\DEVICES. I tried launch NT6x64\vsbsetup.exe /u. But nothing helps. Uninstaling product do not remove old entries about COM2 and COM3, which was invisible in any way under Device Manager after deleting. There was still old entries in registry.

So I used very invasive method. I reboot my system with Hiren Boot CD and Mini XP. I connected with Registry PE and removed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\VSBC7 from registry and all keys and values with contains "eltima", "evsbc7.sys", "evserial7.sys" and also drivers created in my Windows 7 64 bit under from subdirectoried "contained evsbc7.inf_amd64_neutral" and "evserial7.inf_amd64_neutral" leaving backup in other drive.

After reboot system works fine, but unfortunetly now if I want to install program by setup vspd.exe in last step when driver may be installed I got following error messages.
Code: javascript:void(0);
---------------------------
Error
UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices FAILURE: (0xe0000203)

OK   

Error
Main FAILURE: (0xe0000203)

OK   
Probable this is messages from files from subdir NT6x64 mentioned above. I know that agressive chanes was wrong idea. But if I cannot get rid these entries in other way like when my OS was "offline". Can you guys help me in some way? Now I got message below. I want to still test demo but I can't :/ It worked fine only one day. Please answer me what to do. Sorry for my bad English. Thanks in advance.
Code: javascript:void(0);
Virtual Serial Port Driver 7.2 by Eltima Software
Virtual serial port driver not found. Please, reboot and reinstall VSPD 7.0.
OK   
Regards: olesio.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:15:22 PM by olesio »

Did you try reinstalling the product? What were the results?

alexander-britt: it did not help. Meanwhile I used Com0Com free sofrware to pair virtual ports and it works ok.

For anyone experiencing a similar problem, try updating to version 8. You can download it from Eltima's website: http://www.eltima.com/products/vspdxp/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5