Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP)(Read 11451 times)
Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) on: April 13, 2016, 11:42:31 AM
After editing and saving a remote file, it doesn't get updated on the remote server.

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 01:30:43 PM
Sorry, but current version of Commander One can't save changes to the edited files, that are stored on the FTP servers. We are considering adding this ability in the future updates of the app.

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 01:47:23 AM
Any estimation when this feature - saving edited file on remote server - will be implemented?
cheers
-- jacek

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 02:25:35 PM
Dear Jacek,

At the moment we are working upon the improvement of Commander One. Unfortunately we have not set the exact release date yet. Therefore we hope for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Kind regards,

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 06:35:18 PM
I've been writing for the past 6 months in support that the FTP is not working, they say they will fix it in the next release. Here comes the new 1.7.3 (2381) and again nothing works. The developer does not care about the opinions of users, it's his conscience. Why then on your website to write:
Built-in FTP manager lets you connect to remote servers via FTP, SFTP or FTPS. Commander One offers two panels for more efficient and fast work with the files and all your operations big and small are conveniently queued.

DO NOT KEEP THE PEOPLE FROM THE SITE!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 06:42:41 PM by Paul-K »

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 11:31:10 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to save edited files remotely at the FTP server due to software's  limitations. This feature will be added in the 2.0 update. For now, we can recommend you to use CloudMounter for this purpose.

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 03:29:35 PM
Hi I am using a licensed One Commander, Version 1.7.4.2445. When approximatively the new 2.0 version will be released?.
I really miss the functionality to edit files over SFTP.
I hope this is not left out intentionally to advance other eltima products.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:32:47 PM by doncristiano »

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 05:22:39 PM
Hello,

We appreciate your interest in Commander One software and we should inform you that the update will be available soon.
Unfortunately, we don't have ETA yet. But you can subscribe to our RSS feed to find out when the new version of Commander comes out:

https://mac.eltima.com/rss/en-commander.rss

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 08:58:09 PM
Hi.
I've just bought the commander. It is exactly what I want. BUT! I cannot edit files remotely. Thus the program is not useful for me as I am a web-designer and work with codes.
I've just found this forum and the same problem described here.
So, my question is the same as above: will the commander one allow remote files editing or not? If not then it is not necessary for me and I consider claiming moneyback.

Re: Commander One: Remote editing not working (SFTP) Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 09:00:55 AM
Hello,

Unfortunately, the current version of Commander One does not allow to perform remote editing of files on FTP server. As of now to edit files properly you need to transfer them to your local drive, apply necessary changes and then upload files to a remote FTP server.

However, we would like to mention that the feature of remote editing will become available in the new build of the software. We are working on it now and we will certainly consider adding this useful option to Commander One.

As an option, we would recommend you to use CloudMounter software which was designed to mount cloud drives on your machine so that you could have access to them from the Finder.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5