How to export preferences and FTP or other connections in Commander One?(Read 3310 times)
Hello,

as there is no export/import feature in Commander One, I would like to ask if Commander One stores the preferences (at least hotkeys) and connections (such as FTP) in some files which could be backed up or copied to another installation of Commander One. If so, where can I find those files?

Thanks in advance

Adam Samec
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:25:41 AM by Adam Samec »

Re: How to export preferences and connections in Commander One Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 11:23:18 AM
Hello Adam,

If you are using a standalone version of Commander One, please do the
following to transfer the preferences and FTP connections (Commander One must be closed on both
Macs at that time):

1) copy these files to another Mac:

~/Library/Preferences/com.eltima.TCXFtpFS.plist
~/Library/Preferences/com.eltima.cmd1.plist

2) execute the following commands in the terminal:

defaults read com.eltima.TCXFtpFS
defaults read com.eltima.cmd1

Please note that the passwords will not be transferred, since they are
stored in the Keychain.

What about Commander One Pro? Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 02:37:44 PM
Hello,
thanks for a quick reply. How can I do the same in Commander One Pro? The only file I have in ~/Library/Preferences/ is com.eltima.cmd1.pro.mas.plist and it seems not to contain any preferences.

I suggest that I have to execute the aforesaid commands after I replace the original .plist files in the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, i.e., it's not meant to be executed with the current working directory in Terminal set to a folder where I would temporary copy the .plist files, which I want to transfer, to. Is that right?

Kind regards

We do not recommend to execute similar operations with the App Store version of Commander One. They will have a negative effect on the operation of the software.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 03:28:25 PM by Jaroslaw Kladko »

So it's not possible with the version from the Mac App Store? Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 02:58:42 PM
So there is no way how to backup the preferences and connections with the Mac App Store version? Then please consider it a feature request.

I will pass your request on to our dev team for consideration.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5