Questions(Read 2213 times)
Questions on: January 06, 2017, 02:56:26 AM
I have been a long time TC user on windows but just switched to Mac so have started using Commander One and have run into the following two questions.

1. Opening a file in Dropbox.

I got the Pro Pack which has the Dropbox add on, but I noticed that when browsing my files through this add-on you can't open any files (using enter or double clicking with your mouse). The F3 function works but nothing else. I browsed to my Dropbox folder directly through Mac>User.... and when I access it from there I can open files just fine. So it seems this is directly related to the Dropbox add-on, which begs the question...what exactly are you paying for in the Pro Pack? I hope there is just a setting somewhere that I need to change to make this work?

2. Selecting Files/Folders

You can select files and folders using "Shift+Down arrow" which is the same as TC. However, in TC if you change your mind and decide you don't want those files selected you can just click anywhere in that pane and your files will no longer be selected. In One Commander it seems you have to leave that folder or unselect each file using "Shift+Down arrow" to change your selection. Is this by design or is there a setting that I can change?

Thank you in advance for any advice. 

Re: Questions Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 02:48:36 PM
Hello,

Please let me address your questions:

1. Opening a file in Dropbox.

It is not possible to open files on the mounted cloud services with the current version of Commander One indeed. We plan to add this option in the future updates of the app.

I browsed to my Dropbox folder directly through Mac>User.... and when I access it from there I can open files just fine.

I believe you were opening cached copies of the files that were created by the native Dropbox client.

what exactly are you paying for in the Pro Pack?

Files on the mounted cloud services do not occupy additional space on your local disk, since Commander One does not create local copies of the files, unlike the native Dropbox client. It is the reason why at the moment it is possible to only View such files.

2. Selecting Files/Folders

However, in TC if you change your mind and decide you don't want those files selected you can just click anywhere in that pane and your files will no longer be selected.

This option is also planned for the future updates.

For example, you can deselect all files using the Cmd+"-" hotkey (it can be changed in Commander One preferences -> Hotkeys).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5