ASUS Xonar U7(Read 1011 times)
ASUS Xonar U7 on: February 26, 2017, 10:17:10 PM
I am using the software in test mode (Day 1)

I installed USB Gate on my Win 10 x64 PC that has the Xonar U7 attached to it - I installed the Server, and shared the Xonar device - which USB Gate found with no problem.

I then installed the client software on a Surface Pro 4 computer - that I want to use as the client. The Surface computer will use the Xonar for the audio output (instead of the builtin speakers).

The client software finds the shared Xonar device, and I connected to it.

In installed the Xonar drivers - latest from ASUS.

Device manager reports the Xonar device in the Surface Pro 4 computer as a sound device, with no errors.

However, I am unable to select the device as a sound playback device when I execute 'Sounds' in order to get the list of devices to select the default one. Only the builtin audio device of the Surface pro is listed.

Is there any way to get this to work?

Re: ASUS Xonar U7 Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 12:30:59 PM
Do you connect to the shared device directly (http://www.eltima.com/wiki/user-guides/usb-to-ethernet/connect.html) or in the RDP session?

Please try to attach your device directly to the Surface Pro and check whether it functions that way.

Also, can you please how your Surface computer is connected to the Internet? In our experience, the sound cards may have issues after sharing if the computer is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5