GoPro MTP not visible in Commander One(Read 4695 times)
GoPro MTP not visible in Commander One on: March 12, 2017, 02:41:32 PM
I am new to this forum and have Commander One Pro with the MTP extension.

I have MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 with Commander1 version 1.7.1.2297. When I plugin my Gopro Hero 5 I see that it is really connected with USB, but Commander1 does not show its MTP contentsand even no header with 'Camera' or 'Gopro' as if it were not connected.
When I connect my Android cellphone in MTP mode it does show its contents as expected, and on the other hand when I connect my Gopro on a Linux or Windows computer I can see its contents as well, so there is a problem with the combination GoPro - Commander1.

Any others with a similar problem ?

Re: GoPro MTP not visible in Commander One Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:58:04 AM
Hello,

Please take a closer look at the User Guide concerning connecting the devices via MTP here: http://www.eltima.com/wiki/knowledge-base/commander/mtp-issues.html

If it is not helpful, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Re: GoPro MTP not visible in Commander One Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:14:07 AM
I tried it again.

---the cable that is used for connecting an MTP device supports the data transfer (not just charging).
It does as it works on a Linux or Windows computer.

---the “MTP Devices” extension is enabled in Commander One preferences → Extensions.
Is enabled.

---MTP was enabled on the device after connecting it to Mac.
It is always enabled on a GoPro as it works on a Linux or Windows computer.

---the USB Debugging mode under the Developer options is enabled on the phone.
Not applicable as it is not an Android device.

I have no 'Android File Transfer', Samsung Kies or other MTP software installed.

So it really is the Commander 1 / GoPro combination.

Re: GoPro MTP not visible in Commander One Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 11:24:56 AM
We have taken a closer look at the issue that you had described and it turned out that GoPro uses PTP connection mode instead of MTP. Currently PTP is not supported by Commander One but this option will be added in the future updates of the software.

Hope for your understanding.

Best regards,

Re: GoPro MTP not visible in Commander One Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 09:58:00 AM
I am new to this forum and have Commander One Pro with the MTP extension.

I have MacOS Sierra 10.12.2 with Commander1 version 1.7.1.2297. When I plugin my Gopro Hero 5 I see that it is really connected with USB, but Commander1 does not show its MTP contentsand even no header with 'Camera' or 'Gopro' as if it were not connected.
When I connect my Android cellphone in MTP mode it does show its contents as expected, and on the other hand when I connect my Gopro on a Linux or Windows computer I can see its contents as well, so there is a problem with the combination GoPro - Commander1.

Any others with a similar problem ?

Hi Skatebiker.
Sorry to butt in on your thread, but I read that you are able to use Commander One and your Android phone for MTP file transfers.
Unfortunately I am not.
I have the same problems with my Android phone that you described for your GoPro. I have checked the same things that you have checked in your list. But still, the phone is not recognised by Commander One.

Can I ask you what phone and Android version you use? Did it work immediately with Commander One? Did you have to tweak anything?

Thanks for any help.

Re: GoPro MTP not visible in Commander One Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 10:11:57 AM
Dear bobb,

We have replied you via email regarding this issue. Can we close this topic?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5