vuhub.sys causes a BSOD(Read 10455 times)
vuhub.sys causes a BSOD on: April 20, 2017, 03:35:05 AM
Hello.
Sometimes I get BSOD when I stop sharing some usb dongle on server machine during using it in the client machine (without switching it off in the client app). When I noticed it I've just tried to stop using it in the client machine and only then do unsharing.
Recently I had a chance to check whether it is the problem with USB Network Gate since the quantity of BSODs risen after this software had been installed (it happens not only when I use it).
Microsoft has a tool called Driver Verifier to check drivers so it detects some violation in vuhub.sys even before Windows has been started and there is no way to use Windows without removing it from a safe mode.
When I remove vuhub.sys - everything is fine and no BSOD, as soon as I install USB Network Gate with Driver Verifier enabled - it produces a BSOD.
Version of vuhub.sys is 7.0.1221.0 and it's from 12.09.2015, pretty old I would say, I use latest Windows 10.
Part of the dump you can see in the attachment.
Hope it will be fixed soon, ask please if you need any additional information.

Thanks, Vitali

Re: vuhub.sys causes a BSOD Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 03:19:42 PM
Hello Vitali,

BSOD with the enabled Driver Verifier should be fixed in the following update of the software.

Sometimes I get BSOD when I stop sharing some usb dongle on server machine during using it in the client machine (without switching it off in the client app).

Could you please provide a small memory dump that was generated as a result of the crash?

Thank you.

Re: vuhub.sys causes a BSOD Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 10:08:35 PM
Hi Jaroslaw,
Unfortunately at that time my system haven't been configured to save dumps. I will provide it for you if I get this
BSOD again.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:11:18 PM by Vitali »

Re: vuhub.sys causes a BSOD Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 02:44:40 PM
Hi Jaroslaw,

In attachment you can see a dump after a BSOD which happens when I stop sharing a usb dongle on server machine during using it in the client machine (without switching it off in the client app).
A BSOD caused by fusbhub.sys for now, version of fusbhub.sys is 7.0.1221.0

Regards, Vitali

Re: vuhub.sys causes a BSOD Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 02:49:12 PM
And in addition there is another dump after a BSOD caused by fusbhub.sys when Driver Verifier was enabled.
Hope it will help you solve all this issues and a software will be updated as soon as possible.

Regards, Vitali

Re: vuhub.sys causes a BSOD Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 05:05:00 PM
In attachment you can see a dump after a BSOD which happens when I stop sharing a usb dongle on server machine during using it in the client machine (without switching it off in the client app).

Could you please send to us the memory dump file (.dmp) ? The report that you attached does not contain any information about the crash.

Re: vuhub.sys causes a BSOD Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 05:33:46 PM
Could you please send to us the memory dump file (.dmp) ? The report that you attached does not contain any information about the crash.

Sure, here a zip file with memory dumps files

Re: vuhub.sys causes a BSOD Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 10:41:03 AM
Hello Vitali,

We have released a new version of USB Network Gate, where we fixed some BSODs, have you tried it? 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5