USB Network Gate Crashes Computer(Read 9833 times)
USB Network Gate Crashes Computer on: May 29, 2017, 07:37:51 AM
I was recommended this software to share a usb between my host machine and my virtual machine because I need the HID for a program that can only be run in the virtual machine to run. I downloaded and installed USB network gate on both the host and virtual machines. I shared the HID. I find it on the virtual machine. After 2 to 3 seconds from me hitting connect my computer gets a blue screen and restarts. I am glad I am on the trial instead of buying this because I have repeated the process 5 times to verify my results. Please fix this ASAP.

Re: USB Network Gate Crashes Computer Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 12:41:24 PM
Could you please provide us with some additional details?

- What OS is installed on the server and client machines?

- What is the make and the model of the shared USB device?

Also, please provide a small memory dump that was generated as a result of the crash. Those are usually created on every BSOD occurrence.

To find out where minidumps are stored on your system, right-click "My Computer" -> "Properties" -> "Advanced" -> under "Setup and Recovery" click "Settings" and check the "Write debugging information" section for the path to "Small memory dump" files.

Re: USB Network Gate Crashes Computer Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 02:31:11 AM
Windows 10 Pro is host
Windows 8 Pro is Virtual Machine

Device is a USB wireless HID receiver

Re: USB Network Gate Crashes Computer Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 03:02:47 PM
We would greatly appreciate if you could send a mini-dump to support@eltima, so we could investigate the issue further.

Re: USB Network Gate Crashes Computer Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 03:48:18 AM
I sent the mini dump file to the support email a few days ago and have not received anything back

Re: USB Network Gate Crashes Computer Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 11:23:11 AM
I have replied to you via email today. Please check your inbox.

Re: USB Network Gate Crashes Computer Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 03:24:54 AM
Any progress you stopped responding a while ago

Re: USB Network Gate Crashes Computer Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 09:12:22 AM
Could you please specify the name and the model number of the shared device?

Will the BSOD occur if you share some other USB device (a USB stick, for example) ?

Also, could you please try to reproduce the issue with the updated drivers? You can download them here:

dropbox.com/s/uz16akx6adb3x7j/ung.zip?dl=0

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5