Elmedia request(Read 2314 times)
Elmedia request on: May 11, 2017, 09:50:38 PM
I would like to use Elmedia player for live presentations (replacing QuickTime Pro).
I create a long video file with chapter markers for navigation.
I present the video in full screen mode, laptop for navigation and control, secondary monitor output for full screen.

I need to play the video to certain points and pause for live comments, then, jump to the next chapter marker (or bookmark) and hit the space bar to continue playback. I am not comfortable continuously using drop down menus and scrolling to select what I 'believe' is the next marker.

Does a keyboard shortcut exist, or could they be added, to quickly navigate to the previous or next marker (bookmark or preferably chapter marker)?

It seems the Cmnd-arrow can only be used to jump to previous/next file in a playlist.

Thanks much!

Re: Elmedia request Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 04:54:21 PM
Received a prompt and courteous reply from support.

If I press the 'C' key, whether playing or paused, it will jump to the next chapter marker.
Support said this would only work with MKV files, but I have it working with Apple ProRes MOV files.
There is NO way (that I've found) to go to the previous marker, except through drop down menus.

Although I use full screen mode with QuickTime, so far it seems better for me to move the video to the second monitor and select View > Fit Window, this way I can still open Playback > Chapters and monitor my current location on the laptop screen.

My wish list would include: go to previous marker (shortcut)
and
The ability to move the player Controls off the video playback screen and onto the laptop screen,
as it stands, I have to Autohide the controls to prevent them from showing on the presentation screen.

QuickTime Pro DOES allow you to move the controls off the video image (and allow you to monitor playback time)
Is this something the Pro version allows?

Re: Elmedia request Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 01:36:28 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately as of now there are no shortcuts that you've requested neither in free version of the software nor in PRO one.

Kind regards,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5