USB Network Gate Server for Synology NAS DSM(Read 3771 times)
USB Network Gate Server for Synology NAS DSM on: August 20, 2017, 08:23:16 PM
Hi there,

I was wondering if you had any plans to release a software version of your USB Network Gate server for the Synology NAS software platform? Their system is a custom linux distribution and it should be quite compatible to the regular linux version of USB Network Gate.

The reason I am asking is this: I am running a Synology NAS as a file server in my studio and I need access to my eLicenser dongle from multiple studio pc's without having to shuffle them around constantly. Having to plug this dongle into the NAS running a USB Network Gate server would solve so many problems :)

I see that the software "VirtualHere" is doing the same thing, and their server is already available for Synology NAS DSM. However, they are coping with severe compatibility issues across platforms. Ultimately, in my case, the client software isn't working with OSX El Capitan and for me there is no option or reason right now to upgrade to another OSX version.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

Re: USB Network Gate Server for Synology NAS DSM Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:20:39 AM
Hello,

We haven't tested USB Network Gate with Synology NAS. What Linux distributive do they use for their custom OS?

We already have USB Network Gate for Linux, check this link: https://www.eltima.com/products/usb-over-ip-linux/

I will pass the suggestion to test USB Network Gate compatibility with Synology NAS.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5