Commander One: Feature suggestions(Read 3412 times)
Commander One: Feature suggestions on: August 24, 2017, 11:13:06 AM
Hey! Really enjoying Commander One. I have some feature suggestions, or perhaps these are already in the pipeline.

1. Commander One is slow to load in FTP directories in comparison to other commander-type apps when loading the same directories on the same server. Any chance the speed will be improved?

2. When Commander One displays a popup (for example, to overwrite a file, or use unique names on copy), I wasn't able to use the keyboard to confirm the action - the mouse needs to be used. In OSX one can use Command + the first letter of the button on the popup to choose the action take. For example Command-D to choose button "Discard" from the popup, Command-Y for "Yes", Command-N for "No", etc. Other Mac apps have this too, it would be great if Commander One would get this functionality as well.

3. Any chance to display an optional "Side bar" to the left of the window, showing the Devices, Favorites, etc. like Path Finder has?

4. Is there a way to have a default display method to view files? Right now, when pressing F3, the files open in Hex mode. Having them default to "Text" would be great.

My input so far. Keep up the great work!

Re: Commander One: Feature suggestions Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 04:30:36 PM
Hello. We appreciate your interest and your detailed feedback on Commander One.
As to your questions:

1. The load performance depends on the connection itself, Commander One doesn't affect the download speed.

2. We may add this function sometime later in updates. Could you kindly give us examples of the software, that has this feature?

3. Our dev team is already working on it and this option will be available soon.

4. Every time you open, e.g. TXT file using F3 - it will open as a text file, if you change to HEX, then next time when you open TXT using F3 it will be opened as HEX file.

Re: Commander One: Feature suggestions Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 10:20:33 AM
Hi Alex, thank you for answering. Looking forward to see the new features. Regarding two of your points:

1. Slow FTP browsing speed: When running Disk Order and Commander One side-by-side on a 2016 MBP with Sierra, connected to the same FTP server, it takes between 3-4 seconds for a directory to show files in Disk Order, where it takes Commander One about 7-8 seconds. That is for the exact same directory on the same server, with the same connection. This speed difference has been consistent with all servers I've tried, on multiple network connections at different locations. To me, it looks like Commander One has a slower way of processing incoming FTP data than similar apps.

2. Keyboard shortcut for dialogs: This is built in to OSX (Command-D is default for Don't Save) and Adobe apps (Command-N -> No) example, but it doesn't look like a standard feature. I've found something similar now that works with Command One as well, and I have enabled that: the "Full Keyboard Access" feature in OSX. It works fantastic. I can now press "Tab" instead of reaching for the mouse.

Thanks again for making a fantastic product.

Re: Commander One: Feature suggestions Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 03:16:40 PM
Hello again,

1. Thank you for your feedback on this one. Our dev team works on improving our software and this issue will be fixed in future updates of Commander One.

2. We may add this functionality sometime later.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5