Cloud Mounter - Caching(Read 629 times)
Cloud Mounter - Caching on: October 10, 2017, 04:14:53 PM
Hi All,

I've been trialling Cloud Mounter and I've got a couple questions:

1. How does the caching work? I seems when I try to access a file it is downloaded first, then accessed. This process can take some time if the file is larger, meaning it doesn't feel like I'm actually accessing anything directly from the cloud like I would with rclone or ExpanDrive. Moreover, when it has been downloaded and cached, there doesn't appear to be any way to control how much content it cached, or when it gets deleted. I found a very obscure folder in macOS where the cache folder is tucked away, but it would be a very poor implementation if I had to remember to periodically delete what's in there to prevent my HD filling up. What am I missing?

2. It's slow, at least on Google Drive. Much slower than just accessing the file directly through the browser. Ideally I would like to be able to stream video files, and for all intents and purposes, this is impossible via Cloud Mounter. However my connection is very fast, and I have no issues doing this through the browser. Again, what am I missing? Is there a setting I can tweak to improve this?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Cloud Mounter - Caching Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 10:37:57 AM
Hello,

1. Could you kindly specify if there's more space available after you restart CloudMounter or macOS? Please note that the uploads should be completed.

2. "I would like to be able to stream video files"

Please specify if you want to watch video files using Finder? What is the video file's format, bitrate and what player is used?

What version of CloudMounter do you run - the one from our website or the one from the App Store?

Is the OSX FUSE installed?

Re: Cloud Mounter - Caching Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 05:22:45 PM
Is there a way to:
1) Cancel uploads?
2) Clear out uploads that were in progress?

Re: Cloud Mounter - Caching Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 03:56:43 PM
1. The file can be deleted in Finder when it has a download status.

2. The temporary files of downloads will be cleared after you remount the cloud drive or after you restart the CloudMounter software.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5