Typeeto iOS Special Keys(Read 4558 times)
Typeeto iOS Special Keys on: December 13, 2017, 02:18:07 AM
How do I access the iOS special keys from Typeeto?  Like Home, Search, and Switch Applications keys?

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 10:34:39 AM
Hello,

We have already sent you the answer concerning your support request to your e-mail.

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 09:04:20 AM
I have the same question

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 09:47:01 AM
Modern Mac keyboards have built-in media keys which can be quite handy (play/pause, etc.). Typeeto can send these commands to iOS devices only when the Fn key is pressed. So in case the Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys option in System Preferences is disabled (Apple menu → System Preferences → Keyboard), you will have to press the Fn key when you type in Typeeto.

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 07:40:58 AM
It’s good, thank you, but a problem is:
When I connect a keyboard directly to iPAD by blutooth  I can run Spotlight, switch between apps and languages by Cmd-Space, Cmd-Tab and Ctrl-Space. With Typeeto only Cmd-Space works correct. Ctrl-Space runs Spotlight too on iPad and switches language on Mac at the same time, Cmd-Tab returns me back to Mac and I have no clue how to change an input language on iPad

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 10:36:22 AM
Sorry for the delay in replying.
What shortcut do you use on Mac to switch the language? Do you use Ctrl + Space or Command + Space on Mac?   

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 01:03:05 PM
I tried a lot of combinations and by now I forgot what was that. What really I need with using an external keyboard are:
- switching between languages on iOS-device
- switching between iOS apps, if it's possible
- would be nice if I don't need to change default Mac's shortcut (Cmd-Space for Spotlight, Ctrl-Spase for languages)

Thanks

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 02:32:22 PM
Thank you for waiting. The shortcut for switching the input language on iOS 9 and 10 is Ctrl+Space, on older iOS versions – Cmd+Space. And these combinations will only work if the shortcut for switching languages on iOS device and on the Mac match. In other words: if you have Cmd+Space for Spotlight on Mac and Cmd+Space for switching languages on your iOS device, pressing Cmd+Space on keyboard will launch Spotlight and won't switch languages. So only disabling the shortcut for Spotlight in your Mac Preferences-> Keyboard-> 'Shortcut' tab  and setting Cmd+Space instead Ctrl+Space combination for switching languages there will work for Typeeto. And you may type in text boxes of any apps on the iOS device, you just need to switch between them directly in the iOS device interface.

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 07:35:07 AM
Thank you for the reply, but it doesn’t work to me.
I have the same (by-default) shortcut on Mac and an iOS9: Cmd-Space for Spotlight and Ctrl-Space for language, but pressing Ctrl-Space changes language on Mac and lunches Spotlight on iOS at the same time and no way to change language on iOS

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 04:39:02 PM
Thank you for waiting. The main principle of Typeeto proper work with any device is that it transfers exactly the same unichars ( codes relevant to the pressed keys ) and their combinations  to the device. So, if you have Ctrl-Space shortcut for launching Spotlight on your iPad, when you press Ctrl-Space in Typeeto, it will launch the Spotlight search on iPad. Please make sure you are using the correct for iOS combination for switching languages and also make sure that this combination is not 'taken' by a system process launching on your Mac ( such as calling Spotlight etc. ). You may disable shortcut for Spotlight in your Mac Preferences-> Keyboard-> 'Shortcut' tab  and set new combination for switching languages on Mac and relevant combination for switching languages and there should be no issues.

Re: Typeeto iOS Special Keys Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 08:53:13 AM
Thank you!
I see, the only way is to change Mac's shortcuts and try to not forget that they are different switching from Mac to iOS

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5