Save description of shared usb device(Read 8107 times)
Save description of shared usb device on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:28 AM
Hello, all!!
I install trial version network gate 8. I like this program and want to buy it. But in program I saw one weakness.  After the unshare of usb device program forgets the description of usb device. So i have the same 3 usb device "Sandisk". How i can save the description after reboot or unshare of usb device?
Thanks!

Re: Save description of shared usb device Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 10:25:15 AM
Hello,

These 3 Sandisk devices may have different serial numbers.
Try to unshare one Sandisk, after that connect and share the same Sandisk device once again. USB Network Gate should keep the description. Let me know the results.

Re: Save description of shared usb device Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:13:47 AM
Hi James!
On picture 1 I set the sharing options of  my usb device (name and pass). On picture 2 I saw that usb deice's are shared. On picture 3 i unshare usb device №1 (or 2 or both) and after that I lost sharing options (name, pass).
So, what i need to do to save the sharing options of usb device after unshare?

Thank you!

I can't upload image to you're site. And I can't show you link. https : // i.imgur. com / pdKI4NP.png
Sorry for my link, please delete space's in link.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:23:42 AM by ad4er »

Re: Save description of shared usb device Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 05:55:09 PM
Hello,

Thank you for clarifying. I understand now what information you need to keep in USB Network Gate.

Unfortunately, the current version of USB Network Gate doesn't have such feature. It can't keep the login and password. We may implement the ability to do that in the custom build for you. However, custom development is a paid option. If you are interested, please contact our sales department about your request via email sales@eltima.com

Have a nice weekend!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5