Commander One: end of development?(Read 6629 times)
Commander One: end of development? on: May 23, 2018, 09:39:17 AM
Dear support,
I'm very happy user of Commander One. I'm also czech translator. But there wasn't any update about more than half a year.
Did you stop development of this great app?

I realy like it, but there are many things that can be added/fixed. I already wrote to support email with some bugs. I get the answer, that it will be fixed in next release, but since then there is no new versions.

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 03:05:29 PM
I would like to inform you that our developers are currently working on release of the new major version of Commander One PRO software. They needed some time to find out the solution for all the problems and issues. Mostly all issues will be fixed within the next update of the app. Please stay tuned.

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 10:46:47 AM
Thats great news. Thank you.

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 03:10:19 PM
Is there any plan for this release?
Looks like Commander One is your lowest priority project.
Things are moving really slow or not moving at all.
I don't think that I have seen a single update since I have bought this software...

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 01:15:27 PM
I'm glad to inform you that 2.0 update of Commander One app will be released within the next month.

We would also recommend you to subscribe to our Release Notes to receive a notification about the release of the updated version at once. To make a subscription, please follow the link:
https://mac.eltima.com/rss/en-commander.rss

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 09:10:35 AM
any update?

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:26 PM
The new 2.0 version will be released in the middle of May, 2019.

Thank you for your time and patience.

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #7 on: May 24, 2019, 06:40:52 PM
How far is the development for 2.0? Middle of Mai is already passed ;)

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 12:34:48 PM
We do apologize for Commander One 2.0 release delay. Many of you waiting for it. We have few last problems to fix. They are already fixed and pass the verification now. We hope the official release will be announced in the beginning of June.

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 09:00:09 AM
Half of June passed as well. Any news?

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 11:04:44 PM

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 08:39:52 PM
There's a difference between having patience and trying to grasp what's going on. For the longest time all development on the product seemed to cease. Then we got told there was a new version coming pretty quickly.

Since then we've had numerous 'next months'. If they'd out and said from the get go 'August' then, on the whole, folk would have been OK. When you say 'Next month' then go silent then that's a problem.

So posting 'Patience' isn't helping. What we need is the developers telling us what's going on. They were the ones who gave us users the timescales. One invariably gets burned when one does that (case in point).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 08:41:56 PM by TiggrToo »

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 11:30:42 PM
Welcome to life. A few years ago I'd also still have reacted like you. What human beans can do the very best of all is miscalculate (pretty much anything that can be miscalculated).

I also hope they learn from this. The only *public*  answer in regards to time may be: IT'S READY WHEN IT'S READY!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 12:07:31 PM by LeeBinder »

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #13 on: June 26, 2019, 12:02:54 PM
Welcome to live. A few years ago I'd also still have reacted like you. What human beans can do the very best of all is miscalculate (pretty much anything that can be miscalculated).

I also hope they learn from this. The only *public*  answer in regards to time may be: IT'S READY WHEN IT'S READY!

Can you be any more condescending? This is not live (sic) (the word is 'life') - Eltima brought this on themselves. It is very bad form to cease all development of a product for nigh on 1.5 years then casually announce 'we've a new version out next month' then all but vanish again with a never ending repetitive supply of 'next months'.

I for one am almost certainly done with them because I really don't feel I can trust them any further. In this day and age any cessation of development is seen as a very bad sign and customers vote with their feet.

Even this 'support' website feels antiquated with a awful 'captcha' system required on each post. Eltima feels like a company still stuck in the early 2000's...

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #14 on: June 26, 2019, 12:09:30 PM
never got any captcha on any post...

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 03:42:41 PM
I'm glad to inform you that Commander One PRO 2 has been released today.
You can see the list of fixes and updates of Commander One 2 here:
https://www.eltima.com/blog/2019/06/commander-one-2-0.html

We appreciate the time and patience of all users who have been waiting for the app upgrade.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 03:44:59 PM by Karina Chugaievskaya »

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 03:57:08 PM
Awesome - thank you! Am glad to test once I'm back later next week.

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 02:19:08 PM
Feel free contact us and provide any feedback or suggestion.

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 03:02:09 PM
stuck in a highest priority project..

Re: Commander One: end of development? Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 03:04:10 PM
Please send us a support request at support@eltima.com and provide the details on the issue you've faced.

Thank you for your time.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5