CloudMounter - Caching Too Much(Read 2230 times)
CloudMounter - Caching Too Much on: September 24, 2018, 02:04:35 AM
I have large amounts of data, mainly media files that I am storing on Back Blaze's B2 Cloud Storage, I am loving the fact that CloudMounter gives me easier access to these Buckets and Files however I moved these files off of my iMac and into the Cloud so that they would not take up space on my iMac HDD.

Unfortunately each time CloudMounter boots it proceeds to cache over 25GB of my files from teh Cloud, I'm assuming that it does this is so the files are immediately accessible and I appreciate that however it does take up bandwidth due to the constant downloading and uploading (verification) that is happening, I tested it last night and it did a little over 25GB each way.

Is there anyway that I can limit the files that CloudMounter caches to my iMac or can I stop it from doing this completely and only download files when I need them.

I am running a Late 2013 iMac with macOS Sierra and the latest version of CloudMounter.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Re: CloudMounter - Caching Too Much Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 04:46:16 PM
The cache of files are created on your machine first. Then, after the upload of files is finished and the drive is unmounted, or CloudMounter is re-launched, cache will be automatically cleared.

Every time you open the file the cache is downloaded locally.
The preview of file works as opening the file.
So, when in Finder Columns or Icons mode is, the file starts uploading the preview of this file. So the cache is created.

Re: CloudMounter - Caching Too Much Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 12:01:33 PM
It feels like the space that was occupied by cached files cannot be used for something else until a restart was done. Could that be possible?

Re: CloudMounter - Caching Too Much Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 04:54:23 PM
Yes, the space will be occupied with cache files until the drive is unmounted or the app is re-launched.

Let me also remind you that there is "Choose cache folder" option in CloudMounter preferences:

https://www.eltima.com/wiki/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/mounter-pref-screen.jpg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5