CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave(Read 1117 times)
CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave on: December 16, 2018, 11:01:43 PM
Greetings. I just purchased CloudMounter and am using it on an iMac running OS Mojave. It does not appear that the virtual drives that CloudMounter mounts are subject to indexing by SpotLight--which is a major problem for me, as my goal in purchasing CloudMounter was to be able to have the files in Box, OneDrive and Google Drive available, but not physically on my hard drive (which is an SSD), which means I need to be able to find them. I'm using a brand-new Mac, so was thinking that maybe it is slow in indexing the drives, but maybe not. Can someone confirm that CloudMounter mounted drives are visible to Spotlight and will therefore be indexed? Or not? Thanks.

Re: CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 03:18:30 PM
In order to have spotlight index running properly, please follow the steps:

- Install Fuse 3.8.2 on your Mac;
- Use the site version of CloudMounter app;
- Disable "Mount as network drive"option;
- Enable "Make this drive visible to other accounts on this computer".

Re: CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 02:48:01 PM
Thank you Karina. I have currently installed Fuse 3.8.3 and followed your instructions.
Is there anything else I should do force spotlight to index it?
Currently the folder where google drive stand is /Users/*name*/.CMVolumes/*name*

Re: CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 01:03:19 PM
I would like to explain you that Spotlight will search on the mounted disks by name only, not the content.
With the terminal command, it includes indexing on the spotlight content, but the indexing itself will take a long period of time. Indexing lasts for a long time as it depends on the contents of the disk.
Our developers are working on the improvement of such functionality. So, please wait for the next releases of CloudMounter app.

Re: CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:28:55 AM
Ok, I managed to create the index with

sudo mdutil -i on

but if you developing a better way to do so for the 3.5, great news! Mostly because I have no idea what is going to happen when you disconnect from the mounted disk. For now it seems to have created a .Spotlight-V100 within the mounted volume but I am not yet able to find some files in the mounted volume.

Re: CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 11:46:46 AM
Let me clarify that .Spotlight-V100/ folder is excluded from synchronization and does not reach the server. This is done for reducing the traffic. Once the drive is re-mounted, the folder will be reset.

Re: CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 10:28:54 AM

Will wait for the new version. Any ETA?

Re: CloudMounter and SpotLight in Mac Mojave Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 03:22:40 PM
We have not set a date for the release yet.
We would recommend you to subscribe to our Release Notes to receive a notification about the release of the updated version at once. To make a subscription, please follow the link: 
https://mac.eltima.com/rss/en-cloudmounter.rss

Thank you for your time and patience.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5