Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared(Read 575 times)
Hello

I have run into an issue with Commander One. I was recently moving and merging files from one directory on an external drive into another folder on the same drive.  When I drag and dropped the files into the receiving folder, there were a couple of duplicate files so it prompted me to either overwrite or to skip the existing files, I chose to use the skip option so it would copy over the files that are new to the folder.. For some reason, when i did this, the files suddenly just disappeared from both directories.  I have no idea where they could have gone but they are no longer visible.. 

Has this ever happened to anyone else and would you happen to have a solution?

I am on os x high sierra with the latest version of commander one.

Thanks!

Re: Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 02:18:15 PM
I'm sorry for the inconveniences. Please send us Commander One feedback (Help -> Send feedback). Specify your email address and add some comments so we could track it.
Is the destination folder located on a NAS drive or some cloud service or it is a local folder on your Mac?
Can you create a test folder, copy random files there and reproduce the issue again? 

Re: Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 04:18:31 AM
Hello,

I went ahead and submitted a feedback ticket per your request.  The destination and source were both on the same drive. It's an external G-Raid (4tb) connected via Firewire 800.  The files were being merged into one directory into another on the same drive.

Thank you for the reply.

Re: Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 10:37:59 AM
We have received a feedback report from you. Please refer to the ticket with your feedback for further assistance.

Re: Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 08:40:40 PM
I actually have the same issue, but with external USB NFTS drive. I lost few important files when I tried to move them from a source to destination on the same drive.
And I have submitted support request too.

Re: Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 08:59:45 PM
Here it is how it looks in my case. And it appears quite often.

Re: Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 05:29:30 PM
​According to the screenshot, the file with such a name exists, but you do not have rights to overwrite it.
​In order to clarify why there are not enough rights for you, you should check it in Paragon.

Re: Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 01:27:29 AM
Thank you for your reply!
I am not sure if it is a permission problem, because after I saw these message file(s) were removed from both places.
And even if there is a problem with overwrite access, they should not be deleted, because it is causing loosing data.

Re: Commander One: Moving / Merging files suddenly dissapeared Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 04:22:42 PM
As I have checked, you've created a ticket regarding this issue. Please refer to the ticket in order to get further assistance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5