Folx memory leak on MacOS(Read 901 times)
Folx memory leak on MacOS on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:41 PM
When downloading a 100G+ magnet link torrent towards an external drive (not sure if this last one is relevant or not) I experience a memory leak where the Folx process eats up an increasing amount of application memory until MacOS runs into problems with memory pressure going into the red and the Folx process wanting to take up more than 100G memory (!) when left unattended. Pausing the torrent does not free up the memory, the only thing that works is killing the process and restarting Folx after which the process can survive 15 minutes before running into the same problem. At this point I cannot use Folx. I am running Macos High Sierra 10.13.6 on an i7 2,93Ghz cpu with 16G 1333Mhz DDR3 memory.

Re: Folx memory leak on MacOS Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 04:05:20 PM
Unfortunately, we are unable to investigate this issue not having the sample by the hand. We are sorry you have to face this temporary inconvenience. Could you please provide us with:

- the screenshots of activity monitor and working Folx with active download tasks revealed if it is possible?

- the download links for the tasks themselves, added to Folx when the issue occurs;

- the sample of the Folx process. This sample of Folx process will help us figure out why the issue happens. To take a sample, open the Activity Monitor application (from the Utilities folder inside your Applications folder).

- After opening Activity Monitor, make sure the CPU tab is selected.
- Select the Folx application from the list. To find it easily, search for it using the search field at the top right.
- Click the Action pop-up menu (looks like a gear) in the toolbar, then select Sample Process.
- A new window will open to display the sample. When Activity Monitor finishes sampling, click Save… to save the result as a text file.

We really appreciate your kind patience and cooperation and will do our best to find the solution in shortest terms. Thank you. The email where you may address is support @ eltima . com without spaces.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5