Cloudmounter limit upload bandwidth(Read 1346 times)
Cloudmounter limit upload bandwidth on: March 31, 2019, 04:59:48 PM
Hi

I'd like to limit the upload bandwidth that cloudmounter uses to upload files (to OneDrive personal) as it appears to be slowing my internet when uploading large volumes of files.

(I think) I have had some success using the instructions here:

mop.koeln/blog/2015/06/01/Limiting-bandwidth-on-Mac-OS-X-yosemite/

and setting the port to number to 61232 which I have determined from looking at the network activity.

But is this correct and if so will the port number stay fixed?  Is there a particular range I could specify to use with dummynet?

Would it be possible to include bandwidth limiting as an option in Cloudmounter?

I'm a newbee to Cloudmounter but so far so good with Onedrive

Thanks

Re: Cloudmounter limit upload bandwidth Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 04:48:20 PM
I would like to explain you that the cache of files are created on your machine first. Then, after the upload of files is finished and the drive is unmounted, or CloudMounter is re-launched, cache will be automatically cleared.
Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid file caching in CloudMounter.
Note also that you can choose Cache folder in CloudMounter preferences:
https://wiki.eltima.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/mounter-pref-screen.jpg

Our developers will try to improve this performance in future updates of the app. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Re: Cloudmounter limit upload bandwidth Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 06:06:46 PM
Thanks for your reply, but it wasn't the file caching I was referring to but the internet bandwidth that Cloudmounter will use when it uploads the files from the cache to the cloud (in my instance OneDrive).  Hence my reference to using dummynet and the port number associated with the upload process.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my original post.

Re: Cloudmounter limit upload bandwidth Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 04:25:19 PM
Sorry for misunderstanding from my side.

Let me explain that it is not quite easy to limit the upload bandwidth in CloudMounter.

The number of port is dynamic, so it will be changed every time and CloudMounter cannot effect it.
Also, the frequency of port changing will depend on the system as well. It can be changed once the upload/download is started.

We can recommend you the following actions:
  • Find the app/tool that is created specially for such purpose;
  • Try to put the host instead of port number in pfctl. Note that there is no guarantee that it will be also the same, as it depends on OneDrive;
  • Always update the list of ports that CloudMounter uses through the lsof command in console.

However, it can take some additional time and efforts for the tool setup.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5