Serial Port Splitter service does not start anymore(Read 10529 times)
Hi,

I’m having the following issue with the serial Port Splitter 4.2.83. Here's the process I went through so far:

1. Successful port splitter install and configuration, USB device is functional;
2. Disconnect and reconnect USB device;
3. Verified that the same com port was associated to the USB device (COM5 in my case);
4. USB device fails to communicate properly;
5. Started serial port splitter and deleted the shared port created after installation;
6. Reboot;
7. Recreated and configured the shared port as done successfully in step 1;
8. Eltima Serial port sharing and splitting Service would not start;
9. Starting it manually does not work either
   Getting Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start… in a timely fashion

I get the same behavior if I reboot the PC in step 2 without disconnecting the USB device. Then I tried to uninstall and re-install Serial Port Splitter but I could never get the Serial port sharing and splitting Service to start, always getting the same 1053 Error. I have read many threads on this forum reporting similar issue, so I also tried to re-enter the registration information several times using cut and past ensuring no leading or trailing space are present.

What am I missing ?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Best regards,

Re: Serial Port Splitter service does not start anymore Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:11:10 PM
Hello,

We are currently investigating the problem. I'll keep you posted.

Re: Serial Port Splitter service does not start anymore Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 05:38:22 PM
i have that same problem
have you ever came to any solution?

Re: Serial Port Splitter service does not start anymore Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:40:13 AM
i have that same problem
have you ever came to any solution?
What OS and version of Serial Splitter are you running?
Were you evaluating the trial version, or do you own a license?

Re: Serial Port Splitter service does not start anymore Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 10:26:02 AM
I had the same problem on a machine with windows 7 OS.
Can you help me?

Re: Serial Port Splitter service does not start anymore Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 11:03:35 AM
If you are running a registered copy, try to re-apply your license and restart the service manually.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5