Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp?(Read 7216 times)
Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? on: September 15, 2011, 04:52:23 PM
Dear Eltima team, first of all love FlashInApp - excellent framework.
It was very easy to integrate in our project, the docs are clear and examples are simple.
Great job!

Now to the point.

I wonder is it possible to create a Flash screen-saver that runs on 64 bit Macs with FlashInApp?
As far as I know it is only possible to run 64 bit screen-savers on 64 bit Mac,
you cannot run 32 bit screensaver there.

FlashInApp can only be used in 32 bit applications, correct me if I'm wrong.
So I came to conclusion that the answer is - no - it is not possible to create a screen-saver
for 64 bit Mac using FlashInApp framework.

Please confirm or deny (I wish you do) my guess.

Pasha, Repkasoft

Re: Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:53:14 PM
As for your question "FlashInApp can only be used in 32 bit applications", yes, one cannot create a screen-saver for 64 bit Mac using FlashInApp framework, FlashInApp can only be used in 32 bit applications.

Flash'In'App supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of main operating systems. Currently, this support is based on 64-bit platform's capability to run 32-bit applications. So with Flash'In'App you can develop only 32-bit applications that use the 32-bit version of Adobe Flash Player plugin. Your 32-bit application, developed with Flash'In'App, will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. This is not our limitation, however. It happens because there is still no 64-bit version of Adobe Flash Player plugin for Mac OS X. Our development team is currently working on resolving this issue asap though.

Re: Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 02:35:16 PM
As for your question "FlashInApp can only be used in 32 bit applications", yes, one cannot create a screen-saver for 64 bit Mac using FlashInApp framework, FlashInApp can only be used in 32 bit applications.

Flash'In'App supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of main operating systems. Currently, this support is based on 64-bit platform's capability to run 32-bit applications. So with Flash'In'App you can develop only 32-bit applications that use the 32-bit version of Adobe Flash Player plugin. Your 32-bit application, developed with Flash'In'App, will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. This is not our limitation, however. It happens because there is still no 64-bit version of Adobe Flash Player plugin for Mac OS X. Our development team is currently working on resolving this issue asap though.

Oddly enough the 64-bit plug-in is right here.  http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-2.html

Release the darned thing already. and quit making excuses.

Re: Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 09:46:54 AM
Dear oskar_pistorius,

Unfortunately your request is not quite clear. Flash'In'App is a Cocoa framework, developed for managing Adobe Flash movies in any application on Mac OS X. You can download a demo version from our here: http://mac.eltima.com/cocoa-framework.html

Re: Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 06:18:42 PM
Doesn't it save the flash screensaver in swf?  If yes, then I see no reason why it couldn't run on a Mac. Trying to run the software on one is another question, but to my understanding flash player is multiplatform so you shouldn't have any problem with the output.

Re: Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 01:37:54 PM
Flash'In'App doesn't save a screensaver in SWF. Flash'In'App is a framework which allows you to embed Flash Player Component into your application. This is a tool for developers.

Can I build 64 bit Flash screen saver with FlashInApp Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 10:21:49 AM
Thanks.   What about the second part of my question?   After you transfer...   Can you please pm me with full details of this and the seo.

Re: Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 10:33:01 AM
I'm sorry but it is not clear what question you are referring to. Please clarify your request more detailed.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 11:43:06 AM
Any progress with this? 32-bit applications can no longer be run normally in OSX.

Re: Can I build 64 bit Flash screen-saver with FlashInApp? Reply #9 on: September 15, 2017, 09:55:22 AM
Hello,

I'm sorry but unfortunately, FlashInApp has been discontinued, we are not planning to release the update for 64-bit Flash apps.
Hope for your understanding.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5