[ASK][Serial Port ActiveX Control OEM]: OnCommError event return 12 and 0(Read 8020 times)
Dear All,

Does anyone knows what error code 12 and error code 0 is?

Or maybe where I can get the information of error code and the description of it ?

Thank you.

Regards,

MC

Does anyone knows what error code 12 and error code 0 is?

Or maybe where I can get the information of error code and the description of it?

For more details, please see the description of 'OnCommError' event in our online user guide:
http://wiki.eltima.com/user-guides/serial-port-ax-control/oncommerror.html

Following the description on the page above, error code 0 means that no errors have occurred; error code 12 - both CE_FRAME and CE_RXPARITY errors have occured.

Oh, I see. It's sum of error code 8 and 4.

Thanks for your help alexander-britt.

Dear alexander-britt,

I have a question again. How to clear the error? Because once the error is shows, it will always shows.

The data will back to normal if the databits is changed to another value and then set it back again to previous value.
     For example I set the Serial ActiveX setting:
     BaudRate = 2400 Parity = E DataBits = 7 StopBits = 1
     For the first time it works. And suddenly this is error returning error code 12.
     I changed it into:
     BaudRate = 2400 Parity = E DataBits = 8 StopBits = 1
     Still error.
     Changed it back to:
     It works.

And I need to do it in the proper way.
     Btw, I have bought Priority Support Email. How I can use it ?

Thanks.

I have a question again. How to clear the error? Because once the error is shows, it will always shows.

The data will back to normal if the databits is changed to another value and then set it back again to previous value.
     For example I set the Serial ActiveX setting:
     For the first time it works. And suddenly this is error returning error code 12.
     I changed it into:
     BaudRate = 2400 Parity = E DataBits = 8 StopBits = 1
     Still error.
     Changed it back to:
     It works.

What do you mean by saying "I set the Serial ActiveX setting"? What exactly do you do and how?
In what scenario does the problem occur? How can we verify it on our side?

Btw, I have bought Priority Support Email. How I can use it ?

Have you received a PDF file with the respective instructions after placing the order for Priority Support Plan? If for some reason you haven't, please send your order ID (reference number) to support@eltima.com.
NOTE: For security reasons do not post your order ID or any other order information online.

Hi alexander-britt,

What do you mean by saying "I set the Serial ActiveX setting"?
>>> I mean the setting of baud rate and other properties is like picture below:

What exactly do you do and how?
>>> What I'm doing is copy code from Eltima Software\Serial Port ActiveX Control OEM\Examples\Web scripting\JavaScript folder and use it with my ASPX file.

For the first time it runs well. But after several times open and close the port, the Activex Control throw an error code 12 and 0

In what scenario does the problem occur?
I don't know yet what trigger this error. I suspect it has something to do with the data that supplied from the comport.

How can we verify it on our side?
I just want to know how to clear the error / reset the setting using javascript.
For now I can temporary fix it by change the Databits value from 7 to 8.
Open the port and close again (manually, using UI). Change the Databits value back from 8 to 7. Open the port, the data will back to normal again and the error not shown.

Have you received a PDF file with the respective instructions after placing the order for Priority Support Plan?

>>> (-.- )! I forgot to download the priority_support_email.PDF file

If for some reason you haven't, please send your order ID (reference number) to mailto:support@eltima.com.

>>> Okay. I have already sent the email to Eltima Support

NOTE: For security reasons do not post your order ID or any other order information online.
>>> Okay. Thanks for your advice.

Problem solved.

This is happen because wrong parity and stop bits parameter,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5