Serial Port Monitor AX locking problem.(Read 10080 times)
Serial Port Monitor AX locking problem. on: December 18, 2007, 04:00:20 AM
I've written an application that uses the SPM, and it works fine when intercepting slow data from Hyperterminal, but it is having locking up problems when the rate of data speeds up.  At first I blamed my own code, but the demo applications supplied also have troubles with this data source.

We have:
WinXP, SP2.
SPM AX Version 4.0, last modified on Wednesday, 21 March 2007, 1:00:42 PM

We have an external device running an embedded Linux communicating with a C# .Net 2.0 inhouse program.  Communicating over Com 1, 57600 8-N-1, no handshaking.

Running csexample.exe, and also vb6example.exe...
They work fine of occasional intermittent data.

But there is a mode where 12 byte packet requests are sent, and approx 100 byte and replies are received several times a second.

In this mode, connection to the receiving stream can be lost, the program can appear frozen except for the occasional sent request, and very often the whole Windows operating system becomes unstable, forcing a button press reboot of the computer.

So, what can make SPM unstable?  I can try and fix up the program that is being monitored. 
What can be done in the monitoring program, written in C#, to deal with high volumes of data?

Re: Serial Port Monitor AX locking problem. Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:33:33 AM
First of all we would kindly ask you to check whether the problem can be reproduced with Serial Port Monitor application. You can download free, fully functional for 14 days, trial version of SPN from: http://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/

If you fail to reproduce the problem with our application, we'd suggest you continue testing on your application with SMP ActiveX. The recommendation is to enable less logs. Too many logs can make it unstable.

As far as our examples for SPM ActiveX are concerned, there might be troubles you mentioned, since they are just simplt samples and are not designed for the transfer of high intensity.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5