Visual Java/SWING Components Library: Any examples of Table to database binding?(Read 11553 times)
Hello,

I was asked to quickly generate a simple app prototype for a customer that would allow them to search for records in an existing database for display in a table. Once displayed, they wanted to do simple actions like navigate, print and delete entries.

I'm strong with Java but pretty much a noob when it comes to Swing so I thought I'd look around to see if the functionality I needed was already out there. I came across your web page that talks about your component library supporting data bindings for search, table display, etc. which sounded perfect.

"Since version 2.9 you can enable search mode for the table, this lets you provide advanced filtering and searching capabilities to your customers within our ELTable component. You can search not only in the data currently presented in the table, but also refer to the database connected with the component."

Downloaded the demo, liked what I saw, and purchased the library. I was under the impression that the table component was database aware but it looks like you may still have to write your own javax.swing.table.TableModel to interact with the database from scratch. If so, I may have purchased the component library for nothing as the whole point of buying it was to get the table functionality from the description above right out of the box. :-(

I couldn't find any documentation other than the Javadocs so I am hoping that there is some documentation or an example or two somewhere that shows how to do the component/database binding I so desperately need.

Don't get me wrong, there are some sweet components in this library, but right now what I *really need* is the table/database functionality described on the product page. If someone can point me to an example or docs or send me some sample source code I would be extremely grateful.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:29:16 PM by Maria »

Re: Any examples of Table to database binding? Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 03:28:49 PM
We are ready to send you the source file of one class of the program where our component is implemented. It will help you to find out how to associate our component with database tables.

I am sending it to email address which you have pointed during registration at this forum. Will wait for your reply via email.

how i can Binding eltable? i using netbeans

The special classes or methods are not provided for connection with ELTable with any database, because the databases are all quite specific.

However there is a possibility to connect to database manually. Please, look into API of ELGroupModel class: saveChanges searchInDB methods.

Hi, would you please also send me the example on Table binding with database, i am still facing this problem

Thanks and regards

As it was described earlier in this topic, the special classes or methods are not provided for connection with ELTable with any database, because the databases are all quite specific.

You can make an enquiry to the data base and fill in the model with received data. Then please, look into API of ELGroupModel class: saveChanges searchInDB methods.

There are some explanations how to save refreshed data in data base.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5