Setting up a daily schedule(Read 19102 times)
Setting up a daily schedule on: April 24, 2008, 01:18:30 AM
Hi

I'm trying to set up a application run daily at a specified. but it will only run once, on the day the that I actually update/edit the schedule, and not on subsequent days..

Here are the paramters.

app2srv.exe INSTALL /SN="InvoiceBatch" /PM="C:\scripts\ScriptRunner.exe" /WD="C:\scripts" /PRM="cscript.exe /Nologo /T:30000 c:\scripts\daily_invoice_batch_job.vbs" /SWH /FPS /UPR /GS0 /OUT="C:\scripts\invoicebatch.log" /PRYR /SCD="09:00:00|||||D127" /DISP="Invoice Generator" /DES="Run invoices for any customer" /STTA

Thanks in advance!

Re: Setting up a daily schedule Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 02:50:52 PM
Hello,

Please note that the problem you described may occur only if your application is already running in the system. I kindly ask you check whether ScriptRunner.exe is running in the Task Manager after you boot the PC. 

Re: Setting up a daily schedule Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 11:41:08 PM
Hi,

No it's not running, though ther are several instances of App2srv.exe in task manager..

Once I've set up the schedule do I start the service or leave it stopped?

Re: Setting up a daily schedule Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 08:38:26 AM
Hello,

Please note, that schedule settings will be implemented only if service is started.

Re: Setting up a daily schedule Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 12:21:59 PM
Ok, thats what I have been doing.

If I have several services running the same application, albeit scheduled at different times, would that affect it?

Re: Setting up a daily schedule Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 04:47:59 PM
1) Please, be informed that both proccesses will run according to schedule.

2) Please follow the instructions below:

Application As Service -> Edit service -> Upon program exit -> Restart program after -> Set the interval after which the program should be restarted (for example 30 sec.).

After that the second launch will initialize according to schedule

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5