SEC - Communications Lock-Up(Read 10598 times)
SEC - Communications Lock-Up on: August 08, 2008, 04:36:04 PM
Hi,

I am having an issue with the serial to ethernet connector software.

My Setup is:

Serial to Ethernet Connector v3.2 build 163
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

Description of Issue

I have a Modbus Master device requesting data from a virtual serial port. The virtual serial port is setup in SEC and configured for a TCP/IP Client. The request is then processed and sent down to my electronics and gets a reply.

The way the electronics works is that if a modbus request is not received within 30 seconds then it resets itself and i know this functionality works 100%.

What is happening is that there seems to be some sort of communications lock up with SEC as there is no data returned to my Modbus Master device. Upon stopping the Modbus Master device, the COM port is dropped and after 30 seconds the electronics should reset. This is not happening because the electronics is still receiving valid modbus requests even with the MM device turned completely off.

I used a simple PING x.y.z.a -t which, under normal operation, would show replies for 30 seconds then time out for a period of time before getting replies again. This is also not the case and the Ping always gets a reply therefore the electronics never resets itself which is causing havoc with my system.

Any ideas?
Would an updated version of SEC possibly resolve this issue?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Graham

Re: SEC - Communications Lock-Up Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 05:38:27 PM
Hello,

Please, not that we released Serial to Ethernet Connector 3.x about 2 years ago. Since then there were two new major versions released. And naturally there are many  new features added and many fixes made.

Hopefully the problem you experience has already been fixed in the letest version of the software. I kindly ask you to download free trial version and test its functionality yourself: http://www.eltima.com/download/serial-over-ethernet/

We would also appreciate your feedback on testing the software.

Re: SEC - Communications Lock-Up Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 10:54:51 AM
Hi Tina,

Thanks for your reply. I thought that would probably be the course of action.
We actually paid for a multi user license and 2 years support (ends Feb 2009), does this include updates of major versions? We can't find anything that says otherwise so I thought I should ask.

If we can get a new version, will our license code still work or would we need to go through some sort of claims procedure to get a new one?

Regards,
Graham

Re: SEC - Communications Lock-Up Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 02:53:35 PM
Dear Graham,

Thank you for contacting us again.

Could you please send us your order ID to mailto:support@eltima.com For security reasons, please do not post your order ID and any other Registration information online.

Re: SEC - Communications Lock-Up Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 02:55:55 PM
Okay, thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5