communicating with multiple serial ports(Read 8663 times)
communicating with multiple serial ports on: August 20, 2008, 04:33:37 PM
I am using the Serial Port ActiveX control to communicate with 6 serial ports simultaneously. When I send some data through Port1, the device on that port is answering immediately. So I am trying to write a function, which is sending data to all of the ports and is collecting the answers from the devices. The problem is that when I send to the Port1 I have to wait until I receive all the data from Port1, before sending on Port2. My question is, how to make my send_to_all function first handle the received bytes, before send to the next port. OnRxCharSportax is not interrupting the send_to_all function, so I cannot handle the data. I suppose, I am missing something. Is there a way to interrupt the sending loop, handle the data and send to the next port. When I am working with only one port everything is OK, I am handling the data in the OnRxCharSportax1 function.

Thank you!

Re: communicating with multiple serial ports Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 05:45:13 PM
Hello,

We are ready to help you and willing to do so very much. Unfortunately, the problem is not quite clear. I kindly ask you to be more explicit describing the problem.

Re: communicating with multiple serial ports Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 10:54:52 AM
The OnRxChar function is not interrupting my send function. So if I am sending too long I am missing some data to receive and handle. Is it possible to interrupt a running function when data is received?

Re: communicating with multiple serial ports Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 02:20:12 PM
We are communicating with you in http://www.eltima.com/forum/index.php?topic=3471.0

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5